The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?

jj99

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?  

230 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shero needs some of the blame too, but I don't think Bylsma played to the roster's strengths very well. The lack of depth was exposed way too often due to lineup and system choices.

how do they lack depth??? the bottom half of their roster was the only reason they won the first round..

Was waiting a while before I shared my thoughts, that nobody here cares about, on whom I believe should be the next head coach. Seeing the list of coaches that are available, and may be available, I honestly think the best option out there is Barry Trotz. I never thought too much about his longstanding tenure with the Preds as a huge positive; and that's mainly due to the fact that Preds ownership probably never expected a Stanley Cup, and were plenty happy the Trotz was able to take them to the playoffs on a consistent basis. And that, my friends, is more why I would be happy with Trotz helming the ship. He was able to take a bunch a mid-level talent, with a few elite players: Rinne, Suter, and Weber (all defensive focus) and grind out victories. Vancouver may not have the elite backend talent that the Preds had, but Trotz would surely be able to work wonders with a far better forward group and a decent backend and OK goaltending. Definitely the best bet at this point. No thanks to anyone else that may be or is available.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

There are many more coaches who haven't won the cup to go to new teams and still not win a cup. What's your point? You think if we hire someone without a cup, we'd somehow get a better chance at winning?

Perhaps when a team hires a coach who has won the SC before they try to hard to replicate previous successes. Maybe it is more important to find a good fit with the team and build their own identity, than to go chasing or forcing chemistry.

Perhaps when a team hires a coach who has won the SC before they try to hard to replicate previous successes. Maybe it is more important to find a good fit with the team and build their own identity, than to go chasing or forcing chemistry.

Like with Torts maybe?

Two players don`t make a team.

Guys like Gretzky and Messier still needed a great supporting cast to win all of their cups.

Messier won two cups without gretzky. Great supporting cast both years.

Gretzky won zero cups without messier. Gretzky was expected to "Be" the team (exception of the '90 kings, they had woeful goaltending).

As an integral piece, a superstar is needed, but they can't BE the team.

Collapse?

lol. They made the playoffs, went to the second round and lost in a game 7. If they collapsed, what are the Canucks fans who made this post then? Look like bitter crows to me.

Obviously, more is expected when Crosby and Malkin is on a team, but this is hardly a "collapse".

Collapse?

lol. They made the playoffs, went to the second round and lost in a game 7. If they collapsed, what are the Canucks fans who made this post then? Look like bitter crows to me.

Obviously, more is expected when Crosby and Malkin is on a team, but this is hardly a "collapse".

A team up 3-1 with two superstars loses three in a row. That's a bit of a collapse...

i would take bylsma over trotz atleast i wouldn't fall asleep during the first period of every game.

and Bylsma has won a cup. Trotz has won what again oh thats right the old "we did the best with the players we had" excuse.

i still hope they go with some younger blood behind the bench that can bring in a fresh out look and new ideas kinda like Patrick Roy did. sick of the OLD (trotz totrts ect..)recycled coach that can be "changed" to fit a style just get the guy who coaches that style in the first place.

no to any "trapping" garbage style coach.

They've given up so many goals where the defenders are either scrambling all over the place, making horrendous pinches, or just standing around puck-watching. I thought they had it figured out after games 2-4, but that all went out the window. The team lacks discipline in the worst way.

Wait! For a moment I though you're talking about Canucks D this past season....

i would take bylsma over trotz atleast i wouldn't fall asleep during the first period of every game.

and Bylsma has won a cup. Trotz has won what again oh thats right the old "we did the best with the players we had" excuse.

i still hope they go with some younger blood behind the bench that can bring in a fresh out look and new ideas kinda like Patrick Roy did. sick of the OLD (trotz totrts ect..)recycled coach that can be "changed" to fit a style just get the guy who coaches that style in the first place.

no to any "trapping" garbage style coach.

MacLellan already coaches the style that the Canucks should be playing IMO.

I hope he gets the axe and the Canucks hire him.

I really don't get why people want Trotz, yes he's a great defensive minded coach, but that's not the style of coach the west coast wants.This city wants excitement again offense, you will not get that from Trotz and I know Trevor Linden wants that excitement again in this city, and I can guarantee you Trotz is not on his list of candidates for coaching this team. I can say Marc Crawford is higher up on Lindens list as a coach then Trotz, imo Crawford would be the perfect fit for this team again, but once again he would be coaching this team without a legitimate #1 Goalie and this team will go no where into the playoffs without a legitimate #1 goalie, plain and simple as that.

I really don't get why people want Trotz, yes he's a great defensive minded coach, but that's not the style of coach the west coast wants.This city wants excitement again offense, you will not get that from Trotz and I know Trevor Linden wants that excitement again in this city, and I can guarantee you Trotz is not on his list of candidates for coaching this team. I can say Marc Crawford is higher up on Lindens list as a coach then Trotz, imo Crawford would be the perfect fit for this team again, but once again he would be coaching this team without a legitimate #1 Goalie and this team will go no where into the playoffs without a legitimate #1 goalie, plain and simple as that.

I really wish I could quit typing this but...

Trotz is no more a "defensive coach" than A.V. was before he coached his team to two Presidents Cups, a couple scoring titles and Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

I vote either Troz or Stevens for coach and Benning for GM and whole new scouting unit.

Hey I agree it was a nice video about his kid with a condition. Trotz lives in B.C. To boot. It doesn't make him a suitable coach.

Archived