The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows: Canucks never asked him to waive NTC

TheRussianRocket.

'Mr. Credibility' Jason Botchford took to the airwaves this morning and I had no choice but to switch off after a couple annoying minutes. Whether or not he's telling the truth 'this time', I just don't know if I can stand to listen anymore.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking the 'TSN Radio' rebranding of the Team (which was already owned by Bell, so it shouldn't matter, right?) is floating over like a lead balloon.

Yesterday they had Brian Williams on just to hoot and holler about how great TSN is.

I think people have been turning off the Team already for various reasons, including the Canucks losing their strength, but this mere rebranding may see people leave for good. Still, as long as they own the local sports teams' broadcast rights, it is what it is, right?

And I was hoping for less TO-centric coverage. Lol. Silly me.

We don't have a replacement for Burrows. He's still the only guy proven to be able to play and actually contirbute with Sedins consistantly over 80 games. He can also move up and down the lineup if they need to get someone going by putting them on that top line for a few games. He's good on the PK. The one thing we need more of from Burrows is the stuff that crosses the line. Burrows plays better when he is involved emotionally. Yeah, he bit Bergeron, he followed it up with the best game of the series by any Canuck forward. I'm more concerned with our reputation as losers than being a dirty diving team.

I think people have been turning off the Team already for various reasons, including the Canucks losing their strength, but this mere rebranding may see people leave for good. Still, as long as they own the local sports teams' broadcast rights, it is what it is, right?

And I was hoping for less TO-centric coverage. Lol. Silly me.

Doesn't stop another station from having better sports coverage and better sports analysts.

I rarely listened to the team at all before and when I did it was usually to hear interviews with players/GM's etc. 99% of games I watch at home from the comfort of my recliner with a good beer.

Doesn't stop another station from having better sports coverage and better sports analysts.

I rarely listened to the team at all before and when I did it was usually to hear interviews with players/GM's etc. 99% of games I watch at home from the comfort of my recliner with a good beer.

I agree the window for another station is opening wider.

Hope your missus has allowed you a big screen with high def and surround sound to further enhance your viewing pleasure. Otherwise, you're welcomed to hang out with me in White Rock. Can I come over and watch a few games with you this season, J.R.? I'll bring the beer and pizza.

Time to let things go? The Canucks acted like they were a desperate team well, because, they were a desperate team. It was a free for all and an anything goes in relation to what teams could do to them. How about Marchand/Daniel? How ABOUT what was happening with Lu? Nice to pick and choose, but that doesn't work unless you're short sighted. Big picture.

And embellishment was just that - a sign of desperation. Answer this: how many times has a ref taken a pre game skate with a player to tell him he's stalking him? It was all a gong show and sure, Burr did some stuff (too).

Let's see if you're in here when he's scoring short handed GWG's. You don't have to like him, there's plenty of other people who do and it's a drop in the bucket really.

Here, perhaps instead of hating on Burr like he's the only man on Earth, do some reading to see it happens:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/11/3975518/mikhael-grabovski-biting-incident-nhl-history

Yeah, because others have done it exonerates Burrows from biting. That's some fine bit of logic and rationalization.

All the things good and bad done by Burrows is in the past. Those who chastise him for his embellishment, biting, hair pulling (the list is long) and those who continue to praise him for being what he was need to put it all in the past and let the boy work off a clean sheet.

Burrows is like the remaining liter of milk that has been sitting in your fridge that has expired five days ago. You're little afraid to drink for fear it might give you the runs, but you're still willing to risk drinking the milk because before it's expiry date, it was good.

The argument holds no water from either side unless you are also able to allow Burr a clean slate this year.

Putting aside his past transgressions, and his service to the team, what he does for his salary should be judged from this year. There is no point in writing him off before the season starts

Just let him play.

I hope the Burr that comes back this season is the yappy, irritating, chippy, finger-biting, hair pulling, hacking, whacking, in-your-face guy rather than the Burr who was trying to play a reformed and mature game.

We need Alex Burrows to be Alex Burrows...not someone trying to be a model citizen like he has been the past couple of years. Referees be d@mned...we want Burr to be the instigator instead of the punching bag that the refs have allowed him to become.

Yupp that's exactly what I want to see. Can't wait!

This is what people get for listening to Botchford.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/361880-report-burrows-said-no-to-waiving-ntc/page-25?hl=%20burrows%20%20refuses%20%20to%20%20waive

25 pages of b.s. based on a (typical) liberty taken by a wannabe with no credibility who frequently speaks for people without qualifying his rumours with quotes or references. Ironically, he's not a valid/reputable source.

He's the elvis15 of the newspaper world.

The sooner he's added to a global ignore list, the better everything gets :lol::P

I am glad Burrows wasn't traded he plays with such heart. You dont just trade players after one bad season. This way we should have traded the Sedins, Edler and almost the whole team! I'm saying he's going to have a bounce back year along with everybody else. Canucks win the cup and Kesler can suck it!!!

The one issue I see with Burr is the same problem I had with Lapierre. His antics can be counter productive. Sometimes he can piss people off to the point where they are focsed on burning us, not taking penalties. He was never in the Lappy category, and I feel like he has worked hard to leave that part of his game behind him, but the rep stays. I guess if people can learn to forgive Ratt Cooke then the sky's the limit.

Nah he bleeds red just like any other human. Time to bring back the salmon jerseys.

And Botch lol... Is he even employed?

He is still with the Province and he is getting a regular spot with Bro Jake and Douche Pratt on TEAM...errrr, TSN 1040.

I hate that guy.

Archived