The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Conacher Talk

Has to model his game after Marty St Louis. They are similar sizes and I don't believe his size is the only thing keeping him from the NHL. My best guess is his defensive game is lacklustre. Let's see what TG can do with him.

Benning had stated that Conacher had been brought in to bolster the PP in Utica. Can't see him in a nucks jersey.

I actually kind of see what Benning is doing here. Cory Conacher was such an effective two way and offensive presence in the AHL. He actually won MVP one year. Then the next year, he explodes onto the scene with Tampa. After that trade to Ottawa, he has clearly shown he has struggled since, although he still shows his skills.

Benning plans on giving him some time in Utica to help them go for a deep playoff push. Travis Green has been a fantastic coach for us in Utica. I think he can reach Cory and bring out that AHL star out of him. After a deep playoff push with Utica, we could possibly see a similar resurgence as he did before. We also maintain his RFA rights, rather than Jeffreys UFA (non) rights. I like the trade a lot

He should be good in Utica, adding a little more creative slant to the game than Jeffries. I doubt he'll ever regain the form of his career year with Tampa, so the NHL isn't a major consideration, but it will give a boost to the Comets in their Calder Cup push.

Has to model his game after Marty St Louis. They are similar sizes and I don't believe his size is the only thing keeping him from the NHL. My best guess is his defensive game is lacklustre. Let's see what TG can do with him.

Benning had stated that Conacher had been brought in to bolster the PP in Utica. Can't see him in a nucks jersey.

he doesnt need to play lile MSL. In fact Conacher played on a line with St Louis and created space for him ny doing all the dirty work, seemed to go well for him.

Imagine for a moment if we had a prospect that scored 39 goals in his Rookie AHL year, and won AHL MVP. We would be freaking out. Luckily for Conacher there's no pressure on him to do that simply needs to contribute to the groups overall success.

Have they titled his trade the "Con" Job yet?

Archived