The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's a really good question.  He's really smart, so down and overall defensive responsibility most likely would come easy.  But, since he's such a gifted scorer, maybe he's better off on the wing, so he can focus more on the offensive part?

its like whe Magic plYed centre in one of the Final's games, because Kareem was hurt.  Magic did great, but he is much better at point guard.  I see Boeser as a scorer, and wouldn't want him thinking too much.

Also because he's been playing a bit of it the past couple of years, on Brock's second goal he won the faceoff which led to him getting a pass and sliding a backhander through the 5-hole

Edited by numb3r 16

5 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Also because he's been playing a bit of it the past couple of years, on Brock's second goal he won the faceoff which led to him getting a pass and sliding a backhander through the 5-hole

He's looking to be a really good plYer.  I think it's awesome we can discuss him playing centre, because he's so good.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What a gem we got late in the 1st. 

Home run pick. 

The kid is a real beauty.  Think he's in our lineup next season, or even at the end of this season?  If he comes out as soon as his team is done their season, he could play enough games at the pro level to burn one full season off his ELCs, right?

@1:05 mark

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=5706399

The kid's a stud! Mature beyond his years, looks like a man amongst boys, speaks like he's been doing the whole thing for ages, honest, genuine, light hearted, and chillaxed. Not all uptight like your average "professionals", nice to see. Knows when to be serious and when he can throw in a bit of laughter.

We are not worthy.

4 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@1:05 mark

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=5706399

The kid's a stud! Mature beyond his years, looks like a man amongst boys, speaks like he's been doing the whole thing for ages, honest, genuine, light hearted, and chillaxed. Not all uptight like your average "professionals", nice to see. Knows when to be serious and when he can throw in a bit of laughter.

We are not worthy.

IMG_0520.PNG

4 hours ago, Shiftynifty said:

If our NCAA prospects all sign with us, Utica is (hopefully the Nucks) going to be in for a treat these next few years :frantic:

I kind of doubt if Boeser will spend any time in Utica. By the time he signs with the Canucks next year he will be strong enough to play in the NHL. And there is no question about his maturity or his talent. He might not win a skills competition but he appears to have a very high hockey IQ -- always in the right place at the right time. And that is the most important skill.

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Actually, Sutter is kinda like a Kesler lite. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Excepting the arrogant a$$@ole part.  

I was going to say the same thing. Kesler was a good player but he is not the kind of guy I want to root for. And guys like Kesler can create problems in the "room". Sutter is not as good as Kesler was in his prime, but there is a decent chance that Sutter is a better player than Kesler right now. (At age 32 Kesler is still good, but we might expect some age-related decline this year and Sutter is obviously off to an excellent start.)

He could have had 2 assists if Tyson Jost would just put it in the back of the net on some great chances. Brock hit the post as well.. this kid man. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but in his post interview, it was the first time I saw his personality come out a little more than it has in the past. Seems like he is growing into his own and maturing this year. 

Edited by DeltaSwede

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

I was going to say the same thing. Kesler was a good player but he is not the kind of guy I want to root for. And guys like Kesler can create problems in the "room". Sutter is not as good as Kesler was in his prime, but there is a decent chance that Sutter is a better player than Kesler right now. (At age 32 Kesler is still good, but we might expect some age-related decline this year and Sutter is obviously off to an excellent start.)

If and when Brock scores 41 goals in this league and leads us to game 7 of the Cup final while injured, then you can say what you said. Otherwise, please respect what Kesler has given us during his tenure here. If you seen the ownership hired a goof like Torts would you not also as a player want to run away from this organization?? 

This team needs more heart and skill, exactly what Kesler brought us bro. So far Horvat has shown such a direction in his play and demeanor. I appreciate your perspective on many topics, please understand where I am coming from, Kesler was one of the greatest Nucks ever to don that jersey so I must stick up for him :) 

Edited by SaintPatrick33
  • Upvote 3