The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, hatedkid666 said:

Gives us a reason to watch canuck games. Slot him beside Horvat and Baertschi

Rather have him playing for a playoff spot, but I would be ok with watching him on the big club.  Of course he's going to want to burn a year on his elc, so it will be Van.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Better book some time with the trainer that helped Horvat's skating.

Lots of guys try to improve their skating in the first few post-draft years, but it is rare for players to make as much progress as Horvat made. So it is not something we can count on. But you can be a good scorer without being a great skater (like Tkachuck or the Sedins). The reverse is also true. You can be a great skater and not be able to play effectively in the NHL (as has been true for Virtanen so far and that probably also applies to Pedan).

Other things equal, skating well is very valuable, but other things also matter a lot, especially "hockey IQ". I doubt if Boeser will ever be a great skater and would be very surprised if he is ever as good as Horvat or Baertschi. But I still expect him to be a good NHL player and would like to see him with Horvat and Baertschi.

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

Lots of guys try to improve their skating in the first few post-draft years, but it is rare for players to make as much progress as Horvat made. So it is not something we can count on. But you can be a good scorer without being a great skater (like Tkachuck or the Sedins). The reverse is also true. You can be a great skater and not be able to play effectively in the NHL (as has been true for Virtanen so far and that probably also applies to Pedan).

Other things equal, skating well is very valuable, but other things also matter a lot, especially "hockey IQ". I doubt if Boeser will ever be a great skater and would be very surprised if he is ever as good as Horvat or Baertschi. But I still expect him to be a good NHL player and would like to see him with Horvat and Baertschi.

You can also be fast and not a good skater, like Mason "banana skates" Raymond

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man Christian Wolanin has been really bad this game.  The third goal was his fault for pinching and almost costed another one there.

And just like that he ties the game lol.