Sign in to follow this  
thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

Ben Kuzma on TSN 1040 just now said that the sticking point that seems to be contentious between Benning and Boeser's party is the salary.  Boeser's camp wants 7mil aav.  They don't care about the term.

• Hydration 1

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why not just cue the posts of "I hope JB gets a good fair deal done with Brock".

Don't egg on the negative nellies!!

I am pretty sure that my post is more likely to reduce the negative posts rather than egging them on, by pointing out how stupid it would be to vilify either side for negotiating rather than just capitulating. Even "realistic fans" are reluctant to subject themselves to ridicule.

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Ben Kuzma on TSN 1040 just now said that the sticking point that seems to be contentious between Benning and Boeser's party is the salary.  Boeser's camp wants 7mil aav.  They don't care about the term.

If that's true, then Dhaliwal's tweet may be correct. The two sides are probably edging closer together, but so far neither one is willing to "budge", by which I guess he means capitulate/accept the other side's latest offer.

Also if this is true about the term and price, then I expect to see a long term contract, probably about 7 years x about $7M.

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

If that's true, then Dhaliwal's tweet may be correct. The two sides are probably edging closer together, but so far neither one is willing to "budge", by which I guess he means capitulate/accept the other side's latest offer.

Also if this is true about the term and price, then I expect to see a long term contract, probably about 7 years x about $7M.

7x7 seems like a fair deal that will carry him into UFA. It will also make him our highest paid player though, I think. he will only get better as he is surrounded by more talented playmakers.

• Upvote 3

If he gets $7, I won't complain. He could be a 40-50 goal scorer if he stays healthy, $7 isn't that much for a player of his calibre.   

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

7x7 seems like a fair deal that will carry him into UFA. It will also make him our highest paid player though, I think. he will only get better as he is surrounded by more talented playmakers.

Yes, I suspect that whatever contract Brock signs will make him our highest paid player. Until Petey signs, by which time I expect Brock's contract to look like a bargain.

Partly in comparison to Petey's contract and partly because by that time I expect Brock to have at least one full healthy season of production that makes $7M look like a steal.

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If he gets $7, I won't complain. He could be a 40-50 goal scorer if he stays healthy, $7 isn't that much for a player of his calibre.   

Kevin Hayes has hit over 50 points once in his career and he got 7x7.

That would be a fair number but I still wish it was lower lol.

53 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree! $7 dollars isn't much at all! :bigblush:

jokes aside, 7 million is a fair price...but hopefully it could be a little lower. 

Using Timo Meier and William Karlsson (plus some of the other UFA deals for proven players with the reduced cap) as recent examples I think $7MM is a tad high especially because Boeser is an RFA and doesn't even have arbitration rights yet. 

He isn't a center and isn't known for his speed or creativity.  He is a finisher with 2 years under his belt.   I hope it isn't $7MM+ unless it is serious term.   I am not suggesting trading Boeser but depending on the return I would consider it if he plays hardball - yes the return would have to merit the consideration.  I like him as a player.

image.thumb.png.505c447cb6b168f78212ae5c44509b57.png

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Borvat said:

Using Timo Meier and William Karlsson (plus some of the other UFA deals for proven players with the reduced cap) as recent examples I think $7MM is a tad high especially because Boeser is an RFA and doesn't even have arbitration rights yet. 

He isn't a center and isn't known for his speed or creativity.  He is a finisher with 2 years under his belt.   I hope it isn't $7MM+ unless it is serious term.   I am not suggesting trading Boeser but depending on the return I would consider it if he plays hardball - yes the return would have to merit the consideration.  I like him as a player.

image.thumb.png.505c447cb6b168f78212ae5c44509b57.png

I had to look up the contracts for both Meier and karlsson.

Meier has only had 1 season with more than 60 points......the only other season he played he had 36 points.  He settled as 6 million per for 4 years.

Karlsson has had two seasons with points of 78 last year and then 56 this year. He signed at 5.9 million for 8 years. This is an awesome contract.

Those are great comparables.  I think the Canucks want Boeser long term and if so they will probably have to pay 6.5 million to keep him for 8 years. I would love the 6 million both these guys got.

I think JB’s dilemma is that you’re really paying for potential with Boeser. His track record itself is not worth more than $5 mil or around there. 

A bridge deal for $6-7 mil 2-3 years would make sense, I would be ok with 7. A longer contract than that may turn out to be a bargain but could also really come back to haunt us 

10 minutes ago, sonoman said:

DE7E3B83-1068-4BD4-B3D3-8F9CE2132164.png

Where did 'Kuz' 'learn' this from? Is the PNE fortune teller set up already?! :lol:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Where did 'Kuz' 'learn' this from? Is the PNE fortune teller set up already?! :lol:

He's been going to school and getting his learn on.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

0335F82F-D811-4454-823E-243352072A1C.gif

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Fine, then lock him up $7Mx8.  Will be a bargain within a couple years.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Then he tweets this AM 4 year bridge deal.  Sounds like Ben talking out of his ass. Didn’t mean to quote twice

DD5230E6-41C2-418B-81C8-BABCCEE9BE17.gifL

Edited by sonoman
  • Haha 1