The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

37 minutes ago, bree2 said:

come on Benning get him signed, don't do what Toronto has done.  we want to see him play at camp!!!

Brock will be signed, most likely before any of the other RFAs. Everyone has to be sure it works for them. I'm sure the situation was backed off from lately, with Brock's father having serious health issues.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, gurn said:

I don't expect Brock to sign till just before training camp.

The guy has a lot on his mind, and his contract is way down the list right now.

Best wishes for his Dad, hope he has one of those miraculous recoveries and is still kicking a couple of decades from now.

I think Jim and Brocks agent can handle things just fine, Brocks always said he wants to be here and they'll find a way. This is probably the last thing I'm worried about for the Canucks. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I Personally would wait to sign BB until Any of Marner Point or Laine are signed because if they get lowballed that will set a better Market for us. I’m looking at you Tampa you your tax free bullshhhh

Brocks biggest comparable is Connor. I wouldn't say the other RFA's contracts will influence Brocks as much as everyone thinks.

• Upvote 1

Saw Kuzma talking the other day that he hears a 7x8 deal is on the table

BIg money for the kid but he really should do a bridge, and push the aav close to 10 with some sick seasons

Or, less should he regress. I'd be happy with an 8 year midrange value deal were it signed today.

41 minutes ago, xereau said:

BIg money for the kid but he really should do a bridge, and push the aav close to 10 with some sick seasons

Or, less should he regress. I'd be happy with an 8 year midrange value deal were it signed today.

Big shoes to fill here with that type of contract. I think and hope he can exceed those expectations thought at least in the mid-point of that contract

4 hours ago, xereau said:

Is that 7 million per for 8 years?  Or 8 million per for 7 years?  The latter is too rich.  The former isn't really that bad of a deal.  Yeah maybe we overpay him just a little right now, but it will look pretty good in a couple of years.

We all have to remember that Boeser's ppg is quite impressive already, and that was playing with a rookie Pettersson and a substandard 2nd winger last season.  Now Pettersson is a year older and stronger and they have better options for the left wing.  I predict Pettersson scores at least 1 ppg (probably slightly more) and Boeser is brushing 1ppg himself. IMO it won't be long before Boeser is in the top 25-30 in scoring in the NHL so we will be looking pretty good in 2023 when the going rate of such a player is 10m.

Cancer the silent killer...

took my Dad in 1966 at 40 years

took my Mom in 1970 at 39 years

and took my best man in 2017 a day before he turned 50...

all I can say is make sure to say your peace before he goes...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Cancer the silent killer...

took my Dad in 1966 at 40 years

took my Mom in 1970 at 39 years

and took my best man in 2017 a day before he turned 50...

all I can say is make sure to say your peace before he goes...

To lose your parents at such a young age is heartbreaking, Pete.  You must have endured some tough times while you were growing up.

I lost my Mum to cancer in 1985 and the grief was overwhelming.  I still miss her dearly, but thankfully the pain of the loss has diminished over the years.

• Like 3