The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

• 2 weeks later...

After his surprising production in his freshman year, Adam was ranked as the 53rd best NHL prospect, not bad at all for a 5th round pick.

Gaudette was originally slated to play another year in the USHL, but after his draft stock surged and the Canucks drafted him in the fifth round of last year's Draft, he was brought into Northeastern as a true freshman. Gaudette had no trouble with the transition, scoring 12 goals and 18 assists while manning the second line center role. Gaudette is a smart player that plays both ends of the ice well, making him dependable up the middle. Another year or two of development and gaining muscle on his big frame could turn him into an exceptional hockey player.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016/4/4/11284722/top-100-nhl-prospects-lindgren-kasdorf-friedman-petersen-gaudette

• Upvote 4

that quote is a little off, or written in a way that misleads readers IMO.  Northeastern had injuries and Gaudette ended up going to school early because of that, if my memory serves.  And as we all know, it took him awhile to get into the groove and start putting up points.  So to say he didn't have any trouble with the transition is misleading. 

not to detract from Adam but he had more adversity than this article would suggest.  he didn't get on the team because his name carried a lot of weight by any means. 

2 hours ago, wshdrvvn said:

that quote is a little off, or written in a way that misleads readers IMO.  Northeastern had injuries and Gaudette ended up going to school early because of that, if my memory serves.  And as we all know, it took him awhile to get into the groove and start putting up points.  So to say he didn't have any trouble with the transition is misleading. 

not to detract from Adam but he had more adversity than this article would suggest.  he didn't get on the team because his name carried a lot of weight by any means. 

Completely agree. He did have a slow start, not overly suprising though for any freshman. Still had a fantastic season which is awesome for a late round pick. Would be sweet to stumble across a Jamie Benn styled 5th round gem.

7 hours ago, canucklax said:

After his surprising production in his freshman year, Adam was ranked as the 53rd best NHL prospect, not bad at all for a 5th round pick.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016/4/4/11284722/top-100-nhl-prospects-lindgren-kasdorf-friedman-petersen-gaudette

This list also has Demko at 48. He should be way higher.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, suitup said:

Just got accepted to Northeastern and Boston University as a transfer!

I'll keep my eye out on Guadette and would be happy to answer any questions people may have if I end up catching the games while trying to balance my work schedule! ::D

Does he eat Kraft Dinner? 

I mean, if you have time between your busy work schedule and smiling grotesquely through the Internet...

Please let me know ASAP

1 minute ago, NameFaker said:

Does he eat Kraft Dinner? 

I mean, if you have time between your busy work schedule and smiling grotesquely through the Internet...

Please let me know ASAP

Hahaha, he's a college student in the U.S. so chances are he might.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, suitup said:

Just got accepted to Northeastern and Boston University as a transfer!

I'll keep my eye out on Guadette and would be happy to answer any questions people may have if I end up catching the games while trying to balance my work schedule! ::D

That's awesome!

Thank you and good luck!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...