The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

The confidence is looking good on Gaudette. He's averaging 5.62 shots per game this year which is insane. 6 goals on 45 shots so far, and his shooting percentage is about 13%

Last year he put up 96 shots in 41 games, he's on pace for 230 shots which is 40 more than highest volume shooter from last year. If he can keep his shot volume up we should see Gaudette score 25+ goals this year. It's not uncommon for NCAA players to have high shooting percentages as well 15% and above is pretty normal in the top 10 goal scorers. Kyle Connor scored on 23.6% percent of his shots last year, Boeser was 20.3%. I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn pro after this year as well.

6'1 184 right now apparently. 

• Upvote 1

"Farm Report" prospect feature on Gaudette starting on Team 1040 radio. Expecting it'll be pretty basic stuff but I'll update if they provide anything noteworthy.

EDIT: Actually they've got Adam on for an interview so worth listening.

Summary: Mentioned how he's gotten a lot bigger and stronger since last year and more confident. Still a young guy on a team with several upperclassmen (which makes his performance and contributions more impressive IMO). Currently plays 2nd line.

Talked about other Canucks prospects in NCAA (Boeser and Lockwood) and how well they're doing. Said he knows Brock pretty well and talks to him from time to time.

Didn't bite on questions about the future and joining Canucks. Said the usual stuff about being focused on this season and helping his team win. Not thinking about pro yet.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1

That's the thing -- you never know how they'll physically mature.  Gaudette was very slight last year, Jasek has reportedly grown a couple inches, but Subban is still 5'9 and Shinkaruk hasn't really bulked up either.  Jankowski is another -- it was only in the past year that he finally put some strength onto his frame.

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Any idea on if Gaudette, and Lockwood will go Pro next year? Could you imagine what a shot in the arm adding Boeser, Gaudette, and Lockwood would be? 

I hope we can convince all these college kids to go pro, even if it's Utica for them.  We need skilled youth.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Any idea on if Gaudette, and Lockwood will go Pro next year? Could you imagine what a shot in the arm adding Boeser, Gaudette, and Lockwood would be? 

I'd imagine Gaudette and Lockwood would be in Utica if they go pro but they'd sure be nice options as call ups and make for a much better Utica team. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Gaudette and Boeser probably. Lockwood I'd say will go back for another one or two more years. What's the rush? 

• Upvote 1

Gaudette sounds like he'd really like to stay with Northeastern long enough to win another major tournament/title (Northeastern was the NCAA Hockey East Champion last season) or even have a run at a national championship (where Boeser and UND eliminated Gaudette and Northeastern last season on their way to the title).

And he's talked about this year's Beanpot (Boston area tournament between Boston College, Boston U, Harvard, and Northeastern) being especially important to him.

He's a local kid (Braintree is within the greater Boston area) so there's a great deal of motivation for him.

But if Northeastern manages to bring home some hardware this year, and with a Gaudette playing a key role in their success, I could definitely see him feeling like he's accomplished enough of his college goals to be ready to sign and take the next step as a professional.

If not, he might want to give it another year, which certainly wouldn't hurt his development (although every year he gets closer to that free agency window creates some anxiety from the Canucks perspective).

37 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you haven't noticed, the team could use some offensive help. 

So rushing 20 year olds into the line-up helps us in what way? Not every prospect can come into the league and start producing. Haven't you seen Virtanen? Haven't you seen McCann? 

Just let them develop. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Gaudette sounds like he'd really like to stay with Northeastern long enough to win another major tournament/title (Northeastern was the NCAA Hockey East Champion last season) or even have a run at a national championship (where Boeser and UND eliminated Gaudette and Northeastern last season on their way to the title).

And he's talked about this year's Beanpot (Boston area tournament between Boston College, Boston U, Harvard, and Northeastern) being especially important to him.

He's a local kid (Braintree is within the greater Boston area) so there's a great deal of motivation for him.

But if Northeastern manages to bring home some hardware this year, and with a Gaudette playing a key role in their success, I could definitely see him feeling like he's accomplished enough of his college goals to be ready to sign and take the next step as a professional.

If not, he might want to give it another year, which certainly wouldn't hurt his development (although every year he gets closer to that free agency window creates some anxiety from the Canucks perspective).

Boy he must have been so excited to have thrown that Canucks sweater on at the draft :P:P