The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

Didn't go to the game today but Gaudette picked up an PP assist against Anders Bjork and the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. For those who don't know, Anders Bjork is one of the leading point scorers in the NCAA. Most likely a Hobey Baker finalist by the end of the year. He is a former 5th round pick of the Boston Bruins back in 2014 and is currently in his junior year of the NCAA. 

Fun fact, Bjork was selected right after Cornell University's Anthony Angello who I got to see because I made hockey highlight videos for Cornell University's ice hockey team last year. Listed at 6'5 and currently point per game. He's a great prospect to keep an eye on as well.

Man, really wish there was a section just for the NCAA.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, suitup said:

Didn't go to the game today IGaudette picked up an PP assist against Anders Bjork and the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. For those who don't know, Anders Bjork is one of the leading point scorers in the NCAA. Most likely a Hobey Baker finalist by the end of the year. He is a former 5th round pick of the Boston Bruins back in 2014 and is currently in his junior year of the NCAA. 

Fun fact, Bjork was selected right after Cornell University's Anthony Angello who I got to see because I made hockey highlight videos for Cornell University's ice hockey team last year. Listed at 6'5 and currently point per game. He's a great prospect to keep an eye on as well.

Man, really wish there was a section just for the NCAA.

I get a little leery over big hulking guys that produce high numbers. It's always a question that if they will be able to translate the same offensive prowess into the NHL when you have burly men everywhere...

NCAA is not a small league but just there is no comparison. That said maybe he stays in college and finishes his degree and Canucks sign him for free :bigblush:

11 hours ago, goblix said:

I get a little leery over big hulking guys that produce high numbers. It's always a question that if they will be able to translate the same offensive prowess into the NHL when you have burly men everywhere...

NCAA is not a small league but just there is no comparison. That said maybe he stays in college and finishes his degree and Canucks sign him for free :bigblush:

Haha well let's hope that happens or Pittsbrugh will sign him. 

What a steal! Sucks that we gave up a 5th round pick for negotiating rights to Larsen, as we seem to do really well. 

2015 - Neil (28 points 22 games) Gaudette
2014 -Forsling (NHL)
2012 - Hutton (NHL)
2011 - Corrado (NHL)

Mason Raymond in 2005 is our last 2nd round pick to make the NHL on more than a quick call-up basis. You can add Rodin to the list when he gets healthy, but just to point out how well we've done in the 5th round. I was optimistic about a lot of our 3rd round picks, but Cassels / Grenier / Connauton all hit a wall in their development at the AHL level. 

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

What a steal! Sucks that we gave up a 5th round pick for negotiating rights to Larsen, as we seem to do really well. 

2014 -Forsling (NHL)
2012 - Hutton (NHL)
2011 - Corrado (NHL)

Mason Raymond in 2005 is our last 2nd round pick to make the NHL on more than a quick call-up basis. You can add Rodin to the list when he gets healthy, but just to point out how well we've done in the 5th round. I was optimistic about a lot of our 3rd round picks, but Cassels / Grenier / Connauton all hit a wall in their development at the AHL level. 

Going back even further, Bieksa was a 5th rounder. Got all of his prime years, then flipped him for a 2nd.

The Stars missed a lot on their draft choices years back, but practically built their team on two 5th round selections: Benn and Klingberg.

8 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

2014 -Forsling (NHL)
2012 - Hutton (NHL)
2011 - Corrado (NHL)

Train is looking good