The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo, Schneider, Kesler, Bieksa, Lack = Markstrom, Horvat, Sbisa, Sutter, Dorsett, McCann, 3rd, 3rd, 7th

Zuongo

I think it's fine. We got some picks and in the meantime our prospect pool has been nicely stocked. We suffer for a little bit until they get experience and we'll be good to go.

I worry about our D depth but that depends on how Corrado, Sbisa and Subban wind up.

Unless McCann and Markstrom reach their potential, no not really.

I do like the Schneider-Horvat trade though. He's going to be one of the best centers in the league in his prime imo.

Schneider would just be wasted here since we won't be ready to compete for a while and we probably couldn't get a better return unless we trade within the division.

Too many people look at that and only see numbers and names. There's a lot of context that needs to be considered like intangible qualities to players, contract intricacies, team and player history, and the needs of the team.

Considering the new direction of the team, and how badly Benning was handcuffed by the ridiculous contracts of the previous administration, I think these are pretty good moves.

Luongo, Schneider, Kesler, Bieksa, Lack, = Markstrom, Horvat, Sbisa, Sutter, Dorsett, McCann, 3rd, 3rd, 7th

We failed miserably. Yes in the long run we will be improved but if we wanted to be on top for the next couple seasons and have a real shot at the cup again we shoulda kept the Luongo/Schnider/Kesler/Bieksa. Maybe traded Schneider if we could of kept Horvat, then we wouldn't need Markstrom and we would have.

Luongo/Lack/Kesler/Bieksa/Horvat << I'd be happy with that. Some future pieces with Lack/Horvat, and keeping the grit and core of Luo/Kes/KB maybe having the edge to get to the finals again soon.

Sutter,Sbisa,Dorsett,McCann and those picks aren't really interesting to me, but still helpful in the future.. Dorsett is alright on the 4th line and knows how to stick up for a teammate and Sutter I don't know much about but he's a 2nd/3rd liner to replace what Kesler was in that right handed shot, I don't think he will be as efficient as his numbers show but if the canucks make a push in the future he could be a part of that core then. Who knows.. Markstrom I think could be really good for us some day so I am happy with that but if I could keep the core.. yup i'd do that. We also are missing the Kassian + 3rd round pick/Prust trade which I was not happy with.

I know Kesler wanted out but he shouldn't of been a ___ about it.

Too many people look at that and only see numbers and names. There's a lot of context that needs to be considered like intangible qualities to players, contract intricacies, team and player history, and the needs of the team.

Considering the new direction of the team, and how badly Benning was handcuffed by the ridiculous contracts of the previous administration, I think these are pretty good moves.

Well said. I think the return hasn't made me jump around in excitement at the time they happened, but the outcome and the potential we got there is more exciting than what we've had in years.

Archived