The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo, Schneider, Kesler, Bieksa, Lack = Markstrom, Horvat, Sbisa, Sutter, Dorsett, McCann, 3rd, 3rd, 7th

Zuongo

D>Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Higgins-Sutter-Hansen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Kenins-Virtanen

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Sbisa-Corrado

Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

Not what any of us had going into next year but a great group moving forward not for just next season but for years to come.

Hopefully McCann pans out, i think he will, when all is said and done I think the return is decent. Don't like that Benning gave up Forsling however, that sleeper transaction might come back to haunt him.

Player for player the deals are solid but i think we all can agree the draft picks that are being thrown in to 'sweeten the deal' seems to be a inexperienced management group getting taken advantage of.

While on paper looking at it right now it's horrid but we still need to wait at least 2 years to decide Maybe more. I'm optimistic I think..

Old core:

Kesler

Bieksa

Luongo

Schneider

Lack

New core:

Horvat

McCann

Brisebois

Miller

Markstrom

Demko

I'd say we replaced those players pretty nicely, and have a good foundation for the future. Nothing to complain about really, It could be alot worse considering the constraints around those players contracts.

The only thing that looks terrible in retrospect is the goalies we had then vs the goalies we have now. Other then that its realistic... a little low but more realistic then the crazy returns CDC members think our players warrant.

Luongo deal was fair, there was no market for him. Blame our coaches/GM for that whole mess. Schneider should have been traded at the deadline in 2011. Getting a solid forward or D that could have replaced any of our many injured players might have gotten us the cup.

Schneider trade got us Horvat. Good deal.

Kesler, when you trade the best player involved in a deal you usually will get hosed. We got ripped off hard in that trade. Just a god awful return for one of the best 2 way centers in the league.

Bieksa, I was very happy to get a 2nd. One of my fav canucks of all time but his best days are a couple of years behind him.

Lack, minimal return compared to the majority of other backups traded over last few years. Lack should be our starter. Not $6 million old man Miller.

Kassian. Never been a fan of his, but to give him up AND a 3rd for an old 4th liner is puzzling and infuriating.

Bonino. Fair trade to get Sutter. But giving up on Bonino so fast only shows how badly we got robbed in the Kesler deal.

So. Overall we did ok in some trades, got ripped off in others. Definitely didn't win any of them. I would rate the return we got a 4/10.

Too many people look at that and only see numbers and names. There's a lot of context that needs to be considered like intangible qualities to players, contract intricacies, team and player history, and the needs of the team.

Considering the new direction of the team, and how badly Benning was handcuffed by the ridiculous contracts of the previous administration, I think these are pretty good moves.

Agree, we are on the right track.

Luongo deal was fair, there was no market for him. Blame our coaches/GM for that whole mess. Schneider should have been traded at the deadline in 2011. Getting a solid forward or D that could have replaced any of our many injured players might have gotten us the cup.

Kesler, when you trade the best player involved in a deal you usually will get hosed. We got ripped off hard in that trade. Just a god awful return for one of the best 2 way centers in the league.

Bieksa, I was very happy to get a 2nd. One of my fav canucks of all time but his best days are a couple of years behind him.

Lack, minimal return compared to the majority of other backups traded over last few years. Lack should be our starter. Not $6 million old man Miller.

Kassian. Never been a fan of his, but to give him up AND a 3rd for an old 4th liner is puzzling and infuriating.

Bonino. Fair trade to get Sutter. But giving up on Bonino so fast only shows how badly we got robbed in the Kesler deal.

So. Overall we did ok in some trades, got ripped off in others. Definitely didn't win any of them. I would rate the return we got a 4/10.

We really didn't get robbed when Kesler chose his destination and didnt want to expand his list...he jabbed us in the gut. I'm willing to wait a couple of years before I make a judgement on any of these deals.

We really didn't get robbed when Kesler chose his destination and didnt want to expand his list...he jabbed us in the gut. I'm willing to wait a couple of years before I make a judgement on any of these deals.

You need a couple more years to make judgment on the Schneider and Luongo trades? Regardless of circumstances, we got ripped off in the Kesler deal. I'd rather have an unhappy Kesler than just give him away to a conference rival.

Good analysis, except that Schneider for Horvat is terrible.

Archived