The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

23 minutes ago, Toews said:

Not at all. I am willing to acknowledge that he is an all time great player but he is not without his flaws. 

We can agree to disagree on this.

The Warriors didn't miss a beat under him v. Kerr. Coaching is also dependant on the talent on the roster. In any case I put little stock in regular season success.

To me it makes little difference in where the Lakers currently sit in the standings. He is joining a team with the best player in the game. Any time two top 5 talents have gotten together, its caused an imbalance in the league.

Nope I am pro-player but what is happening to Pelicans fans is a disgrace. Davis is spitting in the face of the organization that made him the #1 overall pick and invested considerable amount of resources on his development. He doesn't even have the professionalism to honour the terms of his contract. He is being advised to pout on his way out by Lebron's guy. I cannot respect that.

LeBron jumping to the Heat with Wade a top 3 player at the time and a prime Bosh was a weak move which lacked heart. Dirk taught LeBron a little bit about heart the following playoffs. Maybe Dirk should claim he is the GOAT? Dirk's win against LeBron, Wade and Bosh was more impressive than Lebron's against that 73-9 team. 

PREACH. Nothing worse than LeBron **** Riders

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2019 at 10:06 AM, Toews said:

So supposedly JaVale, Lance and Beasley had a confrontation with the coach. I think Lakers GM LeBron James set the coach up to fail so that he can get his own yes-man in there. Maybe Tyronne Lue? I don't think anyone can look at these cast of characters and not think that there will be another clear out at the deadline.

I said before the season that this circus of a lockeroom would blow up in the Lakers' face and I think we are seeing the cracks. I feel for Walton who was a promising coach before he came to the Lakers. He looked like a coach to me who could develop and grow guys like Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart and Ingram. I liked what the Lakers had going for them before LeBron came there. Imo they should have signed a few veterans in free agency who know their roles and are comfortable in them. I would have told LeBron to &^@# off to the Clippers where he can do as many movies and shows as he desires. I would then try and land both Kawhi and KD in free agency. 

Also about AD, what a gutless POS move by him but should have figured that was coming when he hired a LeBron James yes-man as his agent. I suppose the previous agent he fired told him to suck it up and play for the 120mil and a 1st overall pick the Pelicans invested in him. 

What I find hypocritical is those that criticize KD for his move to Golden State are now celebrating this move. KD is a bitch and a snake but AD who is flat out quitting on his team when he is signed to a massive contract. Not to mention it was LeBron who set the precedent for KD's move when he and Bosh moved to the Heat and crippled the competition in the East. 

Its laughable that LeBron thinks his win against a 73-9 team makes him the GOAT. Regular season wins are meaningless. That Warriors team is easily the most overrated team of all time. They were extremely lucky to win it all the previous year. I don't think Steph played a healthy starting PG the entire playoffs. 

You can cry and compare the two teams all you want to but at the end of the day LeBron formed his team in Miami to beat his demons in Boston. KD bolted from the franchise that drafted him to the best regular season team of all time and the team his Thunder blew a 3-1 series lead to in the Western Conference Final. If you really think what LeBron and KD did are at all comparable then you’re just the typical LeBron hater. 

4 hours ago, Toews said:

Not at all. I am willing to acknowledge that he is an all time great player but he is not without his flaws. 

We can agree to disagree on this.

The Warriors didn't miss a beat under him v. Kerr. Coaching is also dependant on the talent on the roster. In any case I put little stock in regular season success.

To me it makes little difference in where the Lakers currently sit in the standings. He is joining a team with the best player in the game. Any time two top 5 talents have gotten together, its caused an imbalance in the league.

Nope I am pro-player but what is happening to Pelicans fans is a disgrace. Davis is spitting in the face of the organization that made him the #1 overall pick and invested considerable amount of resources on his development. He doesn't even have the professionalism to honour the terms of his contract. He is being advised to pout on his way out by Lebron's guy. I cannot respect that.

LeBron jumping to the Heat with Wade a top 3 player at the time and a prime Bosh was a weak move which lacked heart. Dirk taught LeBron a little bit about heart the following playoffs. Maybe Dirk should claim he is the GOAT? Dirk's win against LeBron, Wade and Bosh was more impressive than Lebron's against that 73-9 team. 

It's never been Kerr's coaching that hits all those 3s. Luke didn't do much either for one of the greatest teams ever. But again, Luke is a decent coach. Better than Lue imo. 

Uh Davis and Lebron would cause an imbalance? The Warriors have 5 all nba caliber starters. 2 stars couldn't possibly beat them. Afterall Lebron is 34 and has gone "Hollywood". 

Pelicans being sold and landing the #1 pick wasn't a coincidence. Nothing professional about that either. Pelicans owners care for the Saints more anyway. Why are you mad a star wants to play in all that toxicity? AD is taking on a bigger challenge. 

LBJ definitely blew the '11 finals but it was against a great squad. Dirk/Dallas swept Kobe and the Lakers, beat KD/Russ/Harden in 5 and then Miami in 6. Nice humble pie for the Heatles. But they bounced back.

9 finals. 1 bad one. And?? There's still a few more to come. Enjoy em B)

Edited by Van40
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Isam said:

Still gonna need some depth at the guard position. Overall, it is a good trade. I like how they got rid of cj miles and that contract.

we have room for up to 5 players..

good thing alot of bad contracts will be bought out these next few days

apparently we traded moose and a 2nd too so we"ll see if we get a few players back

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2019 at 10:06 AM, Toews said:

So supposedly JaVale, Lance and Beasley had a confrontation with the coach. I think Lakers GM LeBron James set the coach up to fail so that he can get his own yes-man in there. Maybe Tyronne Lue? I don't think anyone can look at these cast of characters and not think that there will be another clear out at the deadline.

I said before the season that this circus of a lockeroom would blow up in the Lakers' face and I think we are seeing the cracks. I feel for Walton who was a promising coach before he came to the Lakers. He looked like a coach to me who could develop and grow guys like Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart and Ingram. I liked what the Lakers had going for them before LeBron came there. Imo they should have signed a few veterans in free agency who know their roles and are comfortable in them. I would have told LeBron to &^@# off to the Clippers where he can do as many movies and shows as he desires. I would then try and land both Kawhi and KD in free agency. 

Also about AD, what a gutless POS move by him but should have figured that was coming when he hired a LeBron James yes-man as his agent. I suppose the previous agent he fired told him to suck it up and play for the 120mil and a 1st overall pick the Pelicans invested in him. 

What I find hypocritical is those that criticize KD for his move to Golden State are now celebrating this move. KD is a bitch and a snake but AD who is flat out quitting on his team when he is signed to a massive contract. Not to mention it was LeBron who set the precedent for KD's move when he and Bosh moved to the Heat and crippled the competition in the East. 

Its laughable that LeBron thinks his win against a 73-9 team makes him the GOAT. Regular season wins are meaningless. That Warriors team is easily the most overrated team of all time. They were extremely lucky to win it all the previous year. I don't think Steph played a healthy starting PG the entire playoffs. 

How is flat out leaving your team after blowing a 3-1 lead and having the intention or idea of wanting to join the team you were in the midst of blowing a series against (KD to Warriors) better than Anthony Davis asking for a trade and giving his team an opportunity to recoup some serious assets in return.

At least the dude isn't just ditching through Free agency, he's giving the Pelicans a chance to get some assets back.  KD just got up and left in FA without any inkling that he was going too. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Insurance, if Lowry or Van Vleet struggle in the playoffs. Lin can be that calming presence. 

I still rememberember that game vs the Raptors in Toronto at the height of Linsanity and Tebow mania going on around the same time. Fun time in sports.

He hit that game winning 3 from way downtown.

His career 3 point sotting numbers playing in the Raptors arena are very good.

45% from 3pt range. He can pick up the slack from losing Delon Wright and shooting from CJ Miles.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

I still rememberember that game vs the Raptors in Toronto at the height of Linsanity and Tebow mania going on around the same time. Fun time in sports.

He hit that game winning 3 from way downtown.

His career 3 point sotting numbers playing in the Raptors arena are very good.

45% from 3pt range. He can pick up the slack from losing Delon Wright and shooting from CJ Miles.

Raps will still find a way to choke it up

I have Philly going to the finals. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Van40 said:

Raps will still find a way to choke it up

I have Philly going to the finals. 

Yeah I will believe it when I see it. Klaw probably chokes or his on and off again injuries show up.

Meanwhile Lowry goes ice cold like clockwork come playoff time.

I like Philly wouldn't mind that. Bucs are meh other than The Greek God and Celtics always have Kyrie drama affecting them.

• Cheers 1