Sign in to follow this  
BoKnows

NBA Discussion

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

The weirdo with 2 first names from Palmdale, who got a stripper pregnant :lol:

Who cheated on his coaches daughter, and got said stripper pregnant hahahaha. Can't see how Doc stands this guy.

 

As far as kawhi goes; it is what it is. I just hope lebron and the lakers are the ones coming out of the west. On a side note, I may not like the raptors, but Nurse is a hell of a coach; the intensity, and the D the team has been playing since he took over is amazing. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dion Waiters got too high on gummies and failed his way up into a better situation and that is inspirational :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Dion Waiters got too high on gummies and failed his way up into a better situation and that is inspirational :lol:

Is it really? He's got talent, that usually leads to opportunities regardless of perceived issues. Besides he can't even handle some gummies. Dude's a lightweight, teams have probably dealt with way worse situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

LeBron James says he won’t play if arenas empty due to coronavirus concerns

Article everywhere, but on SN app.

 

“Nah, that’s impossible,” James said after the Lakers’ 113-103 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday. “I ain’t playing. If I ain’t got the fans in the crowd, that’s what I play for. I play for my teammates, I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena, and there ain’t no fans there? I ain’t playing. So, they could do what they want to do.”
 

 

I really hope he sits out, because he’s so out of touch with the rest of the world. 
 

1. You know the Coronavirus is serious, right?

2. You know there’s TV revenue, ad revenue, sponsorship revenue? 
 

These jocks are so out of touch.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How good will G-State be next year?  That game against the Raptors was pretty darn close and just with Steph back alone they already look a lot more competitive (with good spot up shooters for him to pass to, as well as Paschall and Wiggins).  Just imagining next year Steph, Klay, Wiggins and Draymond and they're probably right back in the thick of things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Monty said:

Article everywhere, but on SN app.

 

“Nah, that’s impossible,” James said after the Lakers’ 113-103 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday. “I ain’t playing. If I ain’t got the fans in the crowd, that’s what I play for. I play for my teammates, I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena, and there ain’t no fans there? I ain’t playing. So, they could do what they want to do.”
 

 

I really hope he sits out, because he’s so out of touch with the rest of the world. 
 

1. You know the Coronavirus is serious, right?

2. You know there’s TV revenue, ad revenue, sponsorship revenue? 
 

These jocks are so out of touch.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, couldn't they just play the game on TV?  Though probably the atmosphere would be quite different if it was quiet after every 3 or pretty pass.  Can't really imagine the playoffs if there's no crowd hype, it would be much, much different.

Edited by Phil_314

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monty said:

Article everywhere, but on SN app.

 

“Nah, that’s impossible,” James said after the Lakers’ 113-103 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday. “I ain’t playing. If I ain’t got the fans in the crowd, that’s what I play for. I play for my teammates, I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena, and there ain’t no fans there? I ain’t playing. So, they could do what they want to do.”
 

 

I really hope he sits out, because he’s so out of touch with the rest of the world. 
 

1. You know the Coronavirus is serious, right?

2. You know there’s TV revenue, ad revenue, sponsorship revenue? 
 

These jocks are so out of touch.

LBJ is a smart guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monty said:

Article everywhere, but on SN app.

 

“Nah, that’s impossible,” James said after the Lakers’ 113-103 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday. “I ain’t playing. If I ain’t got the fans in the crowd, that’s what I play for. I play for my teammates, I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena, and there ain’t no fans there? I ain’t playing. So, they could do what they want to do.”
 

 

I really hope he sits out, because he’s so out of touch with the rest of the world. 
 

1. You know the Coronavirus is serious, right?

2. You know there’s TV revenue, ad revenue, sponsorship revenue? 
 

These jocks are so out of touch.

That is an inflammatory, generalized, and ignorant comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

That is an inflammatory, generalized, and ignorant comment.

Yeah, you’re right. Multi millionaire athletes, who live in a bubble and shut off from the rest of society, absolutely know the plight of what everyone goes through. Especially athletes that have had people wait on them hand and foot since they were 13.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monty said:

Article everywhere, but on SN app.

 

“Nah, that’s impossible,” James said after the Lakers’ 113-103 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday. “I ain’t playing. If I ain’t got the fans in the crowd, that’s what I play for. I play for my teammates, I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena, and there ain’t no fans there? I ain’t playing. So, they could do what they want to do.”
 

 

I really hope he sits out, because he’s so out of touch with the rest of the world. 
 

1. You know the Coronavirus is serious, right?

2. You know there’s TV revenue, ad revenue, sponsorship revenue? 
 

These jocks are so out of touch.

Lets not forget how upset he was with Daryl Morey, because his comments inconvenienced "King James"....<_<

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lebron James and Anthony Davis are the best duo in the league and beating the Bucks and Clippers was nice for the Lakers confidence. 

 

35 years old and still one of the best in the game. Greatness. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Lebron James and Anthony Davis are the best duo in the league and beating the Bucks and Clippers was nice for the Lakers confidence. 

 

35 years old and still one of the best in the game. Greatness. 

That last statement, think about it for a second. 35 years old, and still one of the best in the game.... 3rd most minutes played EVER, and he does not show signs of slowing down. The man has been in the greatest player in the NBA talks since at least 07, that's 13 years of individual dominance(because I know some of you like to harp about his finals losses:rolleyes:), that is unbelievable.... Top 2 and it really isn't close(GOAT in my eyes, especially if he wins another chip).

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

That last statement, think about it for a second. 35 years old, and still on of the best in the game.... 3rd most minutes played EVER, and he does not show signs of slowing down. The man has been in the greatest player in the NBA talks since at least 07, that's 13 years of individual dominance(because I know some of you like to harp about his finals losses:rolleyes:), that is unbelievable.... Top 2 and it really isn't close(GOAT in my eyes, especially if he wins another chip).

And he’s a nice guy, who never gets into off court legal trouble like too many other NBA players.  I don’t care for LBJ the player, and always cheer against him, but I do respect the guy as both a player (top three all time for sure) and as a person.  Greatest Laker ever for sure, both on and off the court.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Greatest Laker ever for sure, both on and off the court.  

Greatest to put on the Lakers jersey, maybe.

 

Greatest Laker ever has always been between Magic/Kobe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Lets not forget how upset he was with Daryl Morey, because his comments inconvenienced "King James"....<_<

The reply seemed (imho) to be dictated down to him from China (through Nike). Morey was being referred to as "ignorant" by most pro-China propagandists at the time. To me his reply was more egregious than James Harden apologizing for the incident. It truly exposed his whole social justice act, Lebron and his personality cult had been pushing a Muhammad Ali comparison, that was the day it became obvious that he ain't even fit to shine Ali's shoes. So desperate he was to play the victim, he had someone scribble something racist at his home and then drew a comparison to Emmett Till's mother. An attention seeking fraud, that's Lebron or as I refer to him now Lechina. Can talk tough when some Fox News airhead tells him to "shut up and dribble", but when the CCP and Nike crack the whip, Lebron will dance to their every tune.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toews said:

The reply seemed (imho) to be dictated down to him from China (through Nike). Morey was being referred to as "ignorant" by most pro-China propagandists at the time. To me his reply was more egregious than James Harden apologizing for the incident. It truly exposed his whole social justice act, Lebron and his personality cult had been pushing a Muhammad Ali comparison, that was the day it became obvious that he ain't even fit to shine Ali's shoes. So desperate he was to play the victim, he had someone scribble something racist at his home and then drew a comparison to Emmett Till's mother. An attention seeking fraud, that's Lebron or as I refer to him now Lechina. Can talk tough when some Fox News airhead tells him to "shut up and dribble", but when the CCP and Nike crack the whip, Lebron will dance to their every tune.

Lebron's a terrible person for not fixing all the social injustices around the world. What a fraud. 

 

Btw what contributions have you made? 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Van40 said:

Lebron's a terrible person for not fixing all the social injustices around the world. What a fraud. 

If that's your conclusion, I can't blame you :P. I on the other hand only agree with the "fraud" part of it. Lebron is no different than any other spoiled rich diva athlete, so that would make him fairly average if there was a list of "terrible persons". He is also no different than the average narcissistic social media user. I think the dislike for him from me comes mainly from his personality cult that tries to hail him as something that he isn't. He is a great basketball player, he has made a whole lot of people associated with basketball a whole lot richer. If he were a CEO, they would have paid him like 100M/yr in his prime maybe more for how much value he brought to the association. He is not Muhammad Ali though, Ali answered to people far greater than the CCP and Phil Knight. If you want to proclaim Lebron James a successful basketball player, entrepreneur etc. then have at it. But the people around him go around pretending as if he is the greatest thing to humanity we have ever seen then, and people who see through the facade will scoff and rightfully so. Stop pretending you are something you are not and ask the clowns around you to pipe down. 

8 hours ago, Van40 said:

Btw what contributions have you made? 

I will tell you what I always try to do, the best that I can. But I am not the next 'gift to humanity' nor do I go around pretending to be. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toews said:

If that's your conclusion, I can't blame you :P. I on the other hand only agree with the "fraud" part of it. Lebron is no different than any other spoiled rich diva athlete, so that would make him fairly average if there was a list of "terrible persons". He is also no different than the average narcissistic social media user. I think the dislike for him from me comes mainly from his personality cult that tries to hail him as something that he isn't. He is a great basketball player, he has made a whole lot of people associated with basketball a whole lot richer. If he were a CEO, they would have paid him like 100M/yr in his prime maybe more for how much value he brought to the association. He is not Muhammad Ali though, Ali answered to people far greater than the CCP and Phil Knight. If you want to proclaim Lebron James a successful basketball player, entrepreneur etc. then have at it. But the people around him go around pretending as if he is the greatest thing to humanity we have ever seen then, and people who see through the facade will scoff and rightfully so. Stop pretending you are something you are not and ask the clowns around you to pipe down. 

I will tell you what I always try to do, the best that I can. But I am not the next 'gift to humanity' nor do I go around pretending to be. 

And now, due to Covid-19, and an oil war; a lot of the money the NBA and "Lechina" were trying to protect in China has likely vanished anyway.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Stephon Marbury spitting facts, Lechina could never hope to "carry" Kobe's legacy. 

 

Edited by Toews
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Toews said:

Stephon Marbury spitting facts, Lechina could never hope to "carry" Kobe's legacy. 

 

As a Laker; no $&!#, he has what 2 or 3 more good years in him? Overall, Lebron>Kobe. He is the greatest player to put on a Laker jersey, is he the greatest Laker? hell no; Magic, or Kobe are in that conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.