The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McDavids back boys, hope he'll save the 1st overall from the oilers

I don't watch many games live outside of Canuck ones (I do watch highlights), but I stayed to watch this one a bit, just for McDavid. He didn't disappoint. That goal was insane, basically beating Columbus' porous defense in a 1-on-3 battle.

13 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

I thought it was fluke at first but looks like he had full control of that puck the whole time. Jesus, I'm not even sure Datsyuk would've pulled that off. I just wish he ended up going to any other team than the Oilers.

yeah the kid is the real deal ..  

1 hour ago, Butters Stoch said:

I thought it was fluke at first but looks like he had full control of that puck the whole time. Jesus, I'm not even sure Datsyuk would've pulled that off. I just wish he ended up going to any other team than the Oilers.

I watched most of the game. The kid has skills. Skated past one Columbus guy and just kinda reached out with his stick and one handed scooped the puck away while he was heading in the opposite direction. The guy had no chance. I'm impressed with his stick handling more than anything.

Kid was clocked at just over 40 kph pulling off that move from a near standing start

He's a gifted kid no question and I hope for the sake of the sport he manages to survive the punishment he's going to receive over the next few years and doesn't flame out via injuries like Crosby has over the last few seasons.

7 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

That was 1 on 3 ... this is 1 on 5, at one time, you see 5 yellow jerseys around #13.  McDavid is still a padawan. 

Archived