The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luca Sbisa | #5 | D

-SN-

Sbisa was able to just crack the top 200 in all-time Canuck scoring.  Good luck in Vegas!

192.  Bryan Allen D 216 14 18 32
193.  Gerry Minor C 140 11 21 32
194.  Leif Rohlin D 96 8 24 32
195.  Luca Sbisa D 199 7 25 32
196.  Peter Zezel C 66 11 20 31

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sbisa was able to just crack the top 200 in all-time Canuck scoring.  Good luck in Vegas!

Holy Christ Peter Zezel.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting to see Bryan Allen there as a comparable.

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Good hitter, but that's not enough to command 3.6 million.

A big window just opened up for Pedan, who may have a similar average defensive game, but brings the nastiness we need.

I agree that a big window has opened up for Pedan, but I suspect Sbisa's game was light years ahead of Pedan's. Pedan was benched in Utica for his poor play. Unless I'm missing something, that's indicative of his play.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I agree that a big window has opened up for Pedan, but I suspect Sbisa's game was light years ahead of Pedan's. Pedan was benched in Utica for his poor play. Unless I'm missing something, that's indicative of his play.

And Sbisa could have been our 7th/8th D-man based on his play some nights but we didn't have the depth.

Point is the gap isn't really as big as it should be when you compare their salaries.

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And Sbisa could have been our 7th/8th D-man based on his play some nights but we didn't have the depth.

Point is the gap isn't really as big as it should be when you compare their salaries.

Yeah, you're right in that we didn't have much depth and on most teams, he was a 6/7 in my opinion. And yeah, the gap point is fair too, Pedan gives more bang for his buck. If Pedan can improve again, he'll have a good shot at a #7 shot with maybe 20-40 games, but if he's like last year, there's no way Green plays him and he'll likely be back in Utica.

Canucks lose their most physical players in Tryamkin and Sbisa in one off-season and only get smaller (Dahlen, Goldobin over Hansen, Burrows). This team is going to get out-skilled and now beaten up unless JB gets us something. Virtanen may well sneak in purely because of his size.

JB better sign us some UFAs to fill these holes. No stupid Eriksson deals, just high-price short-term deals.

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

JB better sign us some UFAs to fill these holes. No stupid Eriksson deals, just high-price short-term deals.

UFA's want term though. I am pretty sure Benning would have wanted Eriksson for half the term he got with The Canucks but that's how the free agency game is played. Especially with a bottom feeding team like Vancouver.   

Archived