The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Until Horvat is replaced yes a perfect second line center but everyone is replaced. 

By who exactly. Lafreneier?

What you giggling at @aGENT? You want some too? Come get it baby!

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Madden as well as Lockwood are great collage players but I see little room for them coming up .Probably why Madden was moved.  Gaudette  and Horvat will slot down as more skilled guys are developed . Beagle will be gone before his contract is up. We have more centers in the pipe line coming .

at this point, fully agree on Madden & Lockwood.. 

at this point, I'm unsure on Gaudette, will he end up a 3rd center or 3rd line wing, who knows.. 

Beagle has 2 years left after this? I could see trying to move his contract, but who would take it and who would replace him? he's a keeper imo.. 

and BoHo.... that was a joke right? he's the quintessential 2C.. 60ish points, 200 ft game, face off champ.. game still needs to grow, but he ain't moving down.. unless the cap is suddenly over 100 mill.. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

at this point, fully agree on Madden & Lockwood.. 

at this point, I'm unsure on Gaudette, will he end up a 3rd center or 3rd line wing, who knows.. 

Beagle has 2 years left after this? I could see trying to move his contract, but who would take it and who would replace him? he's a keeper imo.. 

and BoHo.... that was a joke right? he's the quintessential 2C.. 60ish points, 200 ft game, face off champ.. game still needs to grow, but he ain't moving down.. unless the cap is suddenly over 100 mill.. 

Petey Bo Gaud

Best centre depth in the league.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

If the centre depth is so good and Gaudette is such a good 3C why does Travis Green not trust him with defensive zone face offs very much and use Sutter for that role?

Good point.  Maybe learning the skill of face offs takes time? 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

If the centre depth is so good and Gaudette is such a good 3C why does Travis Green not trust him with defensive zone face offs very much and use Sutter for that role?

Petey takes almost no faceoffs at all, leaving them to Miller. By your logic, I guess that means Petey is not a very good centre?

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Petey takes almost no faceoffs at all, leaving them to Miller. By your logic, I guess that means Petey is not a very good centre?

Petterson is still trusted to take face offs in his own zone in key moments, while Gaudette seems to not instill any confidence of any kind in Travis Green with defensive zone face offs. I’m sure he will improve but of all the current centres currently in the starting line up I can see him being moved to wing. Canucks definitely need another good face off man like Horvat to take over for either Sutter or Beagle in the future on the 4th line. 

30 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Petterson is still trusted to take face offs in his own zone in key moments, while Gaudette seems to not instill any confidence of any kind in Travis Green with defensive zone face offs. I’m sure he will improve but of all the current centres currently in the starting line up I can see him being moved to wing. Canucks definitely need another good face off man like Horvat to take over for either Sutter or Beagle in the future on the 4th line. 

Just because Gaudette isn't the best at faceoffs now, doesn't mean he won't be better in two years ;)