The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it'll be interesting to compare Lockwood and Madden in two years. 

Little odd to compare those 2 but, I think Lockwood has a better chance to make the NHL but if both make it I think Madden will probably end up being a better talent. Lockwood looks like a solid bottom 6 options in 1-2 years

27 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Little odd to compare those 2 but, I think Lockwood has a better chance to make the NHL but if both make it I think Madden will probably end up being a better talent. Lockwood looks like a solid bottom 6 options in 1-2 years

I think Lockwood has a higher likelihood of playing in the NHL. I'm still not sold on Madden as a prospect at all. He is struggling in his first pro season in the AHL with 1 goal and 3 assists in 12 games so far with Ontario which is one of the worst teams in the league. Now lots of players struggling when they make the transition to pro hockey like Lind, Gadjovich and even Lockwood who isn't producing a ton of points by any means.

But the thing those 3 have over Madden is Lind and Gadj both struggled because they transitioned from Junior to Pro which is much harder than coming from the NCAA because you are playing against younger, less physically mature opponents.

And Lockwood, who came from the NCAA isn't putting lots of points, but that wasn't really ever part of his game. He is a physical, energy type of player and he has shown a physical maturity and willingness to do that already in his first year in Utica. And he is more suited to NHL as he is 22 and listed on Utica's site as 5'11 and 185lbs whereas Madden is 21 and listed on Ontario's website as 5'11 and 150lbs.

The problem when we drafted Madden was that he was a talented player but needed to bulk up and in 3 years he still hasn't done that at all. In fact when he was drafted I believe he was listed as 155lbs. So I still think Lockwood is a much safer bet to play in the NHL over Madden.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

not really, in the deal for Toffoili I imagine both names were discussed. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Ray... he thinks he is being funny with his sarcastic trolls. Personally I am not a fan of that garbage.

Thanks, I am pretty obtuse when it comes to detecting sarcasm. Mostly I assume a person is being serious and has good reasons for their comment, and not just stupid ignorance - clearly not always a great assumption. My insensitivity to such stuff strikes again.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Thanks, I am pretty obtuse when it comes to detecting sarcasm. Mostly I assume a person is being serious and has good reasons for their comment, and not just stupid ignorance - clearly not always a great assumption. My insensitivity to such stuff strikes again.

Over time you develop a list of posters on here that you look forward to reading. They have valid opinions and add to topics. Ray I consider you and Kootenay Gold on my list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, Dats hockey said:

I think Lockwood will be a 4th liner energy and hustle guy in 2 to 3 years. 

• Cheers 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, Fred65 said:

Chances are he's in the 10-15 age group, which is OK on the forum but put's him way down the line for his Vaccination  LOL

Yeah, it’s a great time to be old, I’m so old I can get vaccine for diseases the CCP hasn’t even invented yet.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/26/2021 at 8:13 PM, aGENT said:

Something like another Motte/Hawryluck.

He is not stocky like Motte, but probably faster - just as intense, though. Because they both play a similar style, they both seem to be prone to injury - if you are constantly making contact with bigger guys and blocking shots, that is the natural consequence. If you value players in that role, it is wise to back them up. If Motte is a third or fourth liner, then having a Lockwood as a four or five is not a bad idea.

• Cheers 2