The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petition the Canucks - Henrik wants a Viking Clap to celebrate his 1000th point!

Bur14Kes17

Would be very fitting, would be a great tribute to a great player, especially if it happens on home ice.

I would like to see it trend and make the "wave" redundant... great way to cheer the team on during play, or salute individual efforts.

Powerful.

9 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well with ticket sales down and a sharp decline in suits at games there may just be enough fans to make it happen, I love the idea and hope it does happen, he deserves it, As for a tradition after every goal, you can't force it but we sure as heck could use an identity,

Ya i can't see it happening after every goal no but why not do it after every win? Or at least certainly Playoff wins or whenever a player reaches a milestone!

12 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

I'd love this. It would be cool if it became a Canucks specific thing, like Chicago has the chelsea dagger and Columbus has the cannon.

You can't really force traditions though.

You know .... Vancouver has started a couple fan things over the years, making popular the wave ( Whitecaps) And the ever popular TOWEL ! God Bless Roger Nielson!

I like this. I never have been a Sedin fan yet I will happily acknowledge their contributions to the team. Give them this ! Why ask the team? do it through social media ! Git er dun!

6 hours ago, Strombone said:

Along with those pompoms. 

I'd bet a Costco hotdog Fin will start the beat.

I LOVE Costco hotdogs!

But Christy Clark wants to do a photo-op with him while handing him a Liberal donated $50.00 Canadian Tire gift certificate.

LOL and then she'd go on about how great LNG is.

if this can be pulled off it would be pretty awesome - better get in touch with Fin - I would be all in but as I live 6 hours away am not much help to anyone with organizing this.  Best of luck - hope someone can make it happen

3 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

you guys are so caught up in the clapping timing your missing the most important part!  There is a SHOUT that goes along with each clap.  This is critical to channeling your inner viking warrior.

drum - drum - WARCRY/clap

YESSSSS....the warcry is very important!

Omg chills just imagining Rogers Arena echoing with the claps and warcry

53 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

YESSSSS....the warcry is very important!

Omg chills just imagining Rogers Arena echoing with the claps and warcry

For all of 11 seconds before someone calls an usher over to shush you for having to much fun :P

Archived