The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Scouts expected at Utica game

13 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

They have to be looking at someone on the Penguins. I can't imagine that any of the guys on Utica would fit on two teams that are in "win now" mode.

The players from Utica might only be part of the whole package, who knows?

Benning seems to like to make the standard player, prospect, and a pick trade.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The players from Utica might only be part of the whole package, who knows?

Benning seems to like to make the standard player, prospect, and a pick trade.

Very true. Though for the life of me I'm having trouble thinking of any that would make sense. So I'll leave that to the pros and drunk CDC members.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I still think they trade Subban first before anyone else.  He obviously doesn't fit into their plans.  As long as it's not Thatchy D I am fine with whoever goes if it helps our club in the future.

No idea why you were -1'd for stating your opinion.

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

Two things the Canucks should do at the deadline. 

1) trade hansen. It would be foolish to keep him with the expansion draft looming.

2) flip subban for an expansion draft exempted forward. Preferably a centre

It's been nice to see that we can go on runs like these, but we should send players like Edler, Miller, Hansen, Burrows etc. for young players, prospects, and picks. I'm still down to do Hutton++ for Duchene. 

15 minutes ago, billabong said:

1) trade hansen. It would be foolish to keep him with the expansion draft looming.

Since Canucks have to lose a player in the expansion... Do you think the player we lose (Sbisa, Granlund, Pedan, Gaunce..etc.) is worth the return we get for Hansen? 

My thinking is Hansen will for sure be taken if we expose him. Might be advantageous to use him to protect the current players. 

4 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Since Canucks have to lose a player in the expansion... Do you think the player we lose (Sbisa, Granlund, Pedan, Gaunce..etc.) is worth the return we get for Hansen? 

My thinking is Hansen will for sure be taken if we expose him. Might be advantageous to use him to protect the current players. 

That's smart thinking for sure.  Hansen is now our expansion fodder.

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Two things the Canucks should do at the deadline. 

2) flip subban for an expansion draft exempted forward. Preferably a centre

Agree

hansen+ virtanen+ Subban for konecny

Dream

2 hours ago, Pears said:

It's been nice to see that we can go on runs like these, but we should send players like Edler, Miller, Hansen, Burrows etc. for young players, prospects, and picks. I'm still down to do Hutton++ for Duchene. 

Still gotta stick to the plan. Get younger. Besides the unsigned boeser we have noone coming to help Bo. 

Duchene would be ideal, but i doubt the Canucks will deal Hutton after just resigning him

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Hansen has more trade value then all of those guys. That's why it suck the most to lose him for nothing over the alternatives. 

You gotta think about what you can gain in a situation like this cause you're bound to lose something so you gotta manage your losses the best you can 

3 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Lifer vet with an NTC, coming off injury plagued year who goes UFA in a year and could easily bolt back to the Canucks (or elsewhere).

I'm not so sure they take him. As amazing as the honey badger is.

Archived