The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Virtanen for Lazar

Ajax-

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Fresh start for 2 BC Boys

I'd do this deal

would you?

No I think Jake is superior to Lazar, at least Jake hits and skates like the wind. The worst case with Jake is a 4rth liner who has energy, hits and a relentless floorcheck

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Maybe for Baer? I think Virtanen could sweeten the deal for an elite forward.... if you packaged Tanev and Virtanen you could probably land a franchise type F.

Still risky tho, I recommend if we have to trade tanev, Which Edler should be gone first, but if we have to trade Tanev we should wait a couple years.

2 hours ago, Fateless said:

Lazar + I would consider, but not straight across. Virtanen has a much higher ceiling than Lazar.

I'd be more interested in a Virtanen + for Duclair situation.

No thanks, if rather wait on Virtanen. Duclair had a similar year so far to virtanen. But virtanens got a higher ceiling and is more useful. Plus virtanens younger and if he was given better linemates and ice time he'd kick ass

23 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

No thanks, if rather wait on Virtanen. Duclair had a similar year so far to virtanen. But virtanens got a higher ceiling and is more useful. Plus virtanens younger and if he was given better linemates and ice time he'd kick ass

How has Duclair had a similar year to Virtanen? Duclair played half the season in the NHL  and since has had 8 points in 13 games in the AHL. Virtanen has 11 points in 42 games in the AHL. 

Not to mention the fact that Duclair has 60 points over 140 NHL games while Virtanen has 14 points over 65 NHL games. 

Duclair may be a year older, but he's proven a HELL OF A LOT more than Virtanen has. I'd swap them in a heartbeat. 

37 minutes ago, Fateless said:

How has Duclair had a similar year to Virtanen? Duclair played half the season in the NHL  and since has had 8 points in 13 games in the AHL. Virtanen has 11 points in 42 games in the AHL. 

Not to mention the fact that Duclair has 60 points over 140 NHL games while Virtanen has 14 points over 65 NHL games. 

Duclair may be a year older, but he's proven a HELL OF A LOT more than Virtanen has. I'd swap them in a heartbeat. 

Id still rather keep virtanen He's gonna be good one day. Power forwards take awhile to develop and by the time he does he'll fit in with our new team. 

Archived