The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Tampa Bay trade G Ben Bishop to Los Angeles

HowYaDrouin

I'm fine with keeping Miller.  He keeps the Canucks in most games and bails out mistakes by the younger players, which helps them keep their confidence higher.  Great for development IMO.  Not to mention it puts less pressure on Marky.  Unless we're getting a LOT in return for Miller, we're probably better off keeping Miller.

Just now, HKSR said:

I'm fine with keeping Miller.  He keeps the Canucks in most games and bails out mistakes by the younger players, which helps them keep their confidence higher.  Great for development IMO.  Not to mention it puts less pressure on Marky.  Unless we're getting a LOT in return for Miller, we're probably better off keeping Miller.

Yep and lose him in the offseason for nothing. 

Would've been better for them to just keep Budaj in all honesty. Bishop's a legitimate starter, and LA already has that with Quick.  

Budaj literally saved LA's season.

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe the fact that Bishop is 6 years younger that might have something to do with it....

similar stats this year and if it's only for 1 year who really cares about the age... Bishop is the better goalie though but since they have Quick I'd rather pay a lower price on Miller rather than Bishop... Miller would likely resign at a reduced cost there too.

@LarsEller guess I was right where LA could find a way to upgrade their goaltending :P 

crazy crazy deal.

Still a strange move, but considering they didn't give up much it makes a little more sense.

We weren't going to get a larger return for Miller. Budaj likely wasn't our future backup solution, and the rest of the return seems pretty minor.

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Do we even know the return??

Seriously. Bishop to Kings is a "keep him away from the others" move by the Kings. Quick is back. They are fine. Miller for a 4th would be a "who cares" move. Im not interested in a trade for the sake of a trade. If they wanted a real backup Miller would have been a better option. He's been great with rest and wants to be in LA. Bishop is also injury prone and wants to start. This has little to do with this year IMO

Archived