The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks Mar 28,2017 07:00PM

3KBieksa

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Sacrilege!

Yeah, Brock may be good, but sorry, I don't feel like unretiring the greatest Canuck of all time's jersey who made his rep on the ice and in the real world by doing enormous amounts of charity work because of 2 goals or 1,000 for that matter. Linden's legacy goes further than the rink and that jersey in the rafters reminds people to be better themselves

It wouldn't be classy, it would be stupid

Just now, King Heffy said:

TL's not going to give the number up without at least talking to Boeser.  

If they know its 'his number' vs it never mattered - all I am saying is it would be a nice touch to bring him into the fold. And to be honest, I bet most players dont really care that their number is 'retired' - its more the thought that a franchise puts into it that matters 

2 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Burrows was on an expiring contract and wasn't going to be resigned. Not sure what you expected to get back for him. We basically got s second rounder which is good value. As for Hansen, he may have been exposed in the expansion draft so it was a good move to trade him while he still has value. We basically got a first round pick for him and potentially another first round pick but for sure a 4th rounder, which again in my opinion was good value. 

Goldobin and Dahlen may not pan out, but if we got actual draft picks instead they may not have panned out either. At leat with these 2 guys they are further ahead in their development than a draft pick would be for this year's upcoming draft. 

I think each of those guys are worth more than a late first in this year's draft.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

If you'd said it's been a while that would be distinctly different than what you did say.

Forgive me if I insist on honoring Sami Salo, one of the greatest, balls of steel phenoms of all-time.

Ball of steel.. and maybe steel is the wrong word

Just now, terrible.dee said:

Yeah, Brock may be good, but sorry, I don't feel like unretiring the greatest Canuck of all time's jersey who made his rep on the ice and in the real world by doing enormous amounts of charity work because of 2 goals or 1,000 for that matter. Linden's legacy goes further than the rink and that jersey in the rafters reminds people to be better themselves

Whelp.

that takes care of that then.

Just now, terrible.dee said:

exactly - thus by logic the number itself means little - the person means more

Archived