The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Expiring draft rights - Drafted players whose rights expire June 1st

Here's a little bargain bin shopping for the amateur scouts around here.

DAruKPnW0AAjDrA.jpg

The players 20 and under will have the option to reenter the draft. The older players will be available to sign, assuming we want to. I know the Canucks are still in on D. Raddysh, and are attempting to keep Zhukenov in NA, but there could still be a diamond in the rough in this group. 

I've only run a couple names through eliteprospects, and I'm focusing on forwards. In that respect, I like Brad Morrison and Adam Marsh so far. 

One player not on that list is Alex Kerfoot, He becomes a free agent on August 15th after being drafted and not signed by NJD.

Kerfoot is the captain of the Harvard team,Hobey Baker award finalist, an ex- Giant and is the son of the Whitecaps owner Greg Kerfoot.

I think Benning will recruit heavy on him

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-ncaa-prospect-alex-kerfoot

4 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

One player not on that list is Alex Kerfoot, He becomes a free agent on August 15th after being drafted and not signed by NJD.

Kerfoot is the captain of the Harvard team,Hobey Baker award finalist, an ex- Giant and is the son of the Whitecaps owner Greg Kerfoot.

I think Benning will recruit heavy on him

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-ncaa-prospect-alex-kerfoot

I know, I made the thread back in February:

This list is sort of separate from College FAs though. I'd be stoked to grab Kerfoot, and someone mentioned his parents own the Whitecaps - pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind grabbing Giorgio Estephan. Some pretty good stats. 6'0 195lbs.

But what on earth happened to Nikita Korostelev? I remember him being listed as a 2nd round pick in his draft year and wanted to pick him up with our 3rd but man Im glad we didnt. Wouldnt mind taking him with our later rounds though

That is a huge list of MEH right there......a lot of guys that just never continued to develop and/or were just long-shots to begin with. 

I still laugh that people on CDC actually penciled Olson into our line-up in the not-to-distant future. 

Some people just don't' get that MOST pics never actually pan-out into NHL players - and that's ok, it doesn't mean a GM is doing a bad job whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

That is a huge list of MEH right there......a lot of guys that just never continued to develop and/or were just long-shots to begin with. 

I still laugh that people on CDC actually penciled Olson into our line-up in the not-to-distant future. 

Some people just don't' get that MOST pics never actually pan-out into NHL players - and that's ok, it doesn't mean a GM is doing a bad job whatsoever. 

I prefer this approach over never has beens taking up contract space.

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Svoboda actually seems to have had a breakout year for him in the Czech league... don't know that that would mean over here but maybe an AHL chance? 

I know the family of one of the guys on the list... not gonna say who but he's being passed over due to laziness and not working on his skating enough, and we don't need that. 

Archived