The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Canucks didnt interview Liljegren, I doubt they are interested in him.

Or it's possible Benning has already spoken to him when he was scouting Pettersson and Dahlen on Timra.

Doubt he wouldn't even look at a player like him when he has said that a powerplay D-man is what they need.

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

wow thats interesting. Do you know if they interviewed Makar?

Most likely. That, and Pettersson and Glass coming to Vancouver for further interviews.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Post expansion, pre draft in a rumoured "shallow draft" is the moment to trade Tanev.  Benning would be foolish to admit he's being shopped; but those few days between the expansion draft and the draft is going to see the value of a guy like Tanev go sky high.

Also, Kings in on E. Kane?  Oh please do gut your team even more.  Give up picks AND prospects to do it please.

I'd take the 28 goal scorer. Plays a heavy game. If Kane ends up in L.A. he might end up in even greater trouble. He'd be lost in such a city. 

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I'd take the 28 goal scorer. Plays a heavy game. If Kane ends up in L.A. he might end up in even greater trouble. He'd be lost in such a city. 

LA in cap hell having traded numerous picks and prospects over the last 3 years and having to do the same for E. Kane would simply shatter the teams depth and make them entirely to rigid to the cap to be a threat.  Thus leaving them in a state of semi rebuild through the best years of Quick, Kopitar and Doughty

7 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Tanev and our 5th overall wouldn't get you a sniff at Draisaitl, let alone the 33rd. 

Not even close

BUF

Tanev

Baertschi

2nd '17 (CBJ)

VAN

Reinhart

Kane

KANE - REINHART - BOESER

GOLDOBIN - HORVAT - VIRTANEN

Just now, drummerboy said:

Why quote me in that?  

Would you take that deal if you were buffalo?

Buffalo counters with

Tyler Ennis

Jake McCabe 

2nd 2017

for

Horvat

Boeser

Not sure the poster who quoted realizes how one sided their porposals seem at times

9 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

What is your source? All I've heard so far is that Benning is going to interview Glass and Petterssen. 

\

28 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tanev and #33 for: Drouin, Draisaitl or #3

Or

Tanev straight up for: W. Nylander or S. Reinhart

Chiarelli has told media that he is not looking to add a D despite the Sekera injury.  He says he prefers to count on internal growth of Nurse and Benning.  Draisaitl is also untouchable.  He could have acquired Subban but refused to give up Draisaitl so discussions went nowhere. 

Yzerman told the Tampa Bay Times that he has spoken to the agents of Drouin, Palat and Johnson and remains confident that he can sign all three.  A couple of weeks back AGM Brisebois said on a Montreal radio show that they are hoping to keep Drouin for a long time.

It's pretty obvious that Nylander is not available if you listened to Babcock's interview with Dreger in Paris.  They think they are a long way from being contenders too.  They are focusing on building and developing their team into a contender for now and are not in a win now mindset.

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:
\

Did Benning not personally scout Timra?

Maybe he already did his interview of Liljegren. Maybe he already knows what he needs to know and doesn't want other teams to think he's interested.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

A 5 year timeline to playoff threat not bubble team is actually in the realms of feasibility.  Meaning a 32 year old oft injured throughout his career Tanev.

Agreed that the time is right to trade him and that he needs to garner a solid return.

If he CAN get a decent first and or a blue chip prospect (picks) for Tanev though here is a fun thought

Benning will have gotten quality return for

• Burrows undrafted
  • Hansen 9th round pick (2nd last in the last round no less)
  • Tanev undrafted

If that isn't the epitome of getting quality for players that were never supposed to make it I don't know what is

It is also the underlying reason one should keep their 5, 6, and 7 round picks Warhippy....and not just throw them away as add ons.....you just never know when you will strike it rich with one of them

Drouin! 3rd overall! Picks and prospects oh my! 

On a side note, I mean please draisaitl guys...like my god

if horvat is untouchable for the Canucks what does that make draisaitl for the oilers? Highly Available? Pfft

Mcdavid and draisaitl are the next Crosby and Malkin or toews and Kane. 

Archived