The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I can see this becoming more of a "hockey play"

Don't target a guy in the head, and get 5 min and maybe a suspension (which cost you $) but (accidently) tackle him, maybe grab his legs or arms to create awkward fall and make his muscles less effective as well as his play in that game and get 2 min (or nothing if behind the play on EP,without the puck)

Incorporate WWE moves into the NHL with lame DOPS

The instigator rule took away fighting

The Rats came out in force

Players not wanting suspensions for old school justice anymore

We could see more of this interference and accidently on purpose type of incidents, with only a 2 min infraction at best as a deterrent

If your wreckless play causes a broken bone or ?

You shouldn't be playing while the injured person isn't

Maybe it clean up cheap shots and make you more accountable for them regardless if on purpose or not?

I doubt there will ever be a solution for this

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, smokes said:

What scares me is that for the two periods the Canucks did not have Pettersson, the offence totally looked awful.

I don't think that should be too surprising really. Boeser is a really talented player, but he doesn't drive offense. He's an excellent second piece to a duo, but he's not a creator on his own. Horvat is the only other guy on the roster who can really create, and he wasn't having the best of games. We still need somebody else in the top six who can make things happen, rather than just being a finisher. I think the team is still hoping they can turn Goldobin into that guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I don't think that should be too surprising really. Boeser is a really talented player, but he doesn't drive offense. He's an excellent second piece to a duo, but he's not a creator on his own. Horvat is the only other guy on the roster who can really create, and he wasn't having the best of games. We still need somebody else in the top six who can make things happen, rather than just being a finisher. I think the team is still hoping they can turn Goldobin into that guy.

Thankfully Sutter and Beagle are both healthy, Bo looks beat. He's played a ton of hockey in the last two and a half months, the dog days of winter. Hopefully the schedule will get him back on target. Just shows you, he's having a personal best year again. Just give him the "C", and get this thing going.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

..and Markstrom, if this team is going anywhere, I trust him more than Demko at this point of their careers.

Those two are the big pieces of the puzzle right now for sure and I agree.

Have a bit of a recharge period then see where this goes.  Team has to continue to work hard and not "rely" on them to get it done for them.

• Upvote 1

As all of us have said, this schedule has been brutal. This is the third?, road trip East, to play 6 games, usually a back to back, and an afternoon game mixed in. When the other teams catch up with games played, we'll have a good idea as to where they are trending, playoffs, bubble, or completely out of it.

The kid has been knocked around pretty good in the past 3 games.  Hopefully the knee is ok and this is a good opportunity to take a rest for a few days that coincide with a slow stretch in the schedule.

• Upvote 1