The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I went back to the 2017 NHL Entry Draft GDT and looking back at the reactions when Pettersson was selected is quite amusing, to say the least.

Guilty. I don’t think I’d even really considered EP at that time. I thought it was almost a two horse race between Vilardi and Glass. 

56 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In terms of atmosphere compared to the European crowds, Pettersson is going to see a big change when he arrives in Vancouver. 

Ah, didn't effect Boeser.  Though I bet he misses thousands of cheering fans doing the vertical fist pump.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

This is so true... the days of empty seats and cheap tickets will be over soon,,,

OK I admit it. I wasn't that happy about EP when Benning drafted him even tho I had no idea what kinda player he was. I wanted a big and talented North American kid with attitude. Instead Benning draft's a 165 pound beanpole. Not what I wanted but being a Benning fan I wondered about what Jim had seen. 

I should get one of those whips those Arabs use to whip themselves with. Like a rolled up newspaper maybe this old dog can be retrained. :unsure::unsure:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

OK I admit it. I wasn't that happy about EP when Benning drafted him even tho I had no idea what kinda player he was. I wanted a big and talented North American kid with attitude. Instead Benning draft's a 165 pound beanpole. Not what I wanted but being a Benning fan I wondered about what Jim had seen. 

I should get one of those whips those Arabs use to whip themselves with. Like a rolled up newspaper maybe this old dog can be retrained. :unsure::unsure:

I thought it was hardcore Christians who whipped themselves in the good old days. Seen it in a bunch of movies.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I thought it was hardcore Christians who whipped themselves in the good old days. Seen it in a bunch of movies.

Definitly a old Catholic thing.  Still some zelots out there doing it today. :blink:

Petersson is the best prospect on the planet.  Dahlin will be second after this. Canucks fans deserve to rejoice and dream.

I thought it was funny that Sportsnet.ca had a story on it but it was a small note down the right hand side.  If a Leafs prospect did anything close to this, it would be front and centre big picture and they would start producing a 30 for 30 immediately.

Congrats to Elias, he seems like another great player and person to come from Sweden!

• Upvote 2

It would be nice to hear from Kent Nilsson on his thoughts of Pettersson and what he has to say about his 42-year-old record being broken.

On a side note, Kent Nilsson has a son named Anders Nilsson and I had to double-check if it was one of our goaltenders. Nope, it's not. :P

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In terms of atmosphere compared to the European crowds, Pettersson is going to see a big change when he arrives in Vancouver. 

Remember how fans used to chant "Nazzy! Nazzy!"?!

I feel like Elias (Brock and Bo) will bring the excitement back to Rogers Arena.

• Cheers 2

Just want to play devil’s advocate here...  

Elias comes in next year and in his first game takes a solid hit from a 230lb man.  Elias separates his shoulder and goes on to have shoulder injuries for the rest of his career.  

Look at Ryan Nugent Hopkins.  

I dont know, thoughts anyone on Elias joining us next year, is it too early?

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Just want to play devil’s advocate here...  

Elias comes in next year and in his first game takes a solid hit from a 230lb man.  Elias separates his shoulder and goes on to have shoulder injuries for the rest of his career.  

Look at Ryan Nugent Hopkins.  

I dont know, thoughts anyone on Elias joining us next year, is it too early?

That type of injury could happen to any player, even McDavid.  B)

• Upvote 4

This one prospect may have single-handedly made the 2017-18 season a success for the entire Canucks organization. 

That's not to mention the great season Gaudette is having. Juolevi, Dahlen and Lind as well. 

We're looking very, very good for the future. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

This one prospect may have single-handedly made the 2017-18 season a success for the entire Canucks organization. 

That's not to mention the great season Gaudette is having. Juolevi, Dahlen and Lind as well. 

We're looking very, very good for the future. 

Absolutely!  And we should get another really good prospect with our top pick this draft too.