The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

On 7/5/2018 at 9:15 AM, R3aL said:

It's kind of funny we go a little while without a second round pick and all of a sudden we have three second round guys that years ago would be our TOP PROSPECTS.

Lind

Gadj

Woo

these guys would be the top of our prospect pool years ago - but now we have such highend guys in front of them it's going to allow them to develop with less pressure and to do it the right way in our new farm system.. pretty awesome organizational transformation if you ask me.

I am so high on these three kids too.

Exciting times for us coming soon.

That Demko suggests your list of three should be a list of four.   

• Cheers 1

On 7/6/2018 at 10:21 AM, Tre Mac said:

Hopefully he becomes a James Neal type of player, bonafide 20goal scorer with a bit of an edge. 

His frame and size as well as game reminds me more of a Wayne Simmonds.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Odd. said:

be great if he was that type of player, but does he play that physical of a game like Simmonds? we could use a good net front presence on the PP. Hoping Gadj is that guy

42 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Simmonds has had a good career. But he is only 185 lbs. Lind is only 19 and is already bigger than that with the possibility of being way bigger. But in terms of play style that would be good.

Edit: good career not goof career lol...sorry

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Simmonds has had a good career. But he is only 185 lbs. Lind is only 19 and is already bigger than that with the possibility of being way bigger. But in terms of play style that would be good.

Edit: good career not goof career lol...sorry

Wow. He looks bigger...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Today I learned I am 6 inches shorter and 28 pounds heavier than wayne frigging Simmonds...

Good lard

Haha...ouch.  Well....lotsa retired hockey players look more like real people then those still employed by NHL teams lmao.

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Today I learned I am 6 inches shorter and 28 pounds heavier than wayne frigging Simmonds...

Good lard

you'll look thin by hanging with fatter people :)

Spoiler

jokes

12 hours ago, Odd. said:

Yes, Lind plays with an edge, and also had a reputation in the WHL as a pest. Quite the trash talker and really throws off the opponents (taunts the fans a lot too). I've watched him live quite a bit this season and he's always engaged somehow physically or always in the middle of scrums and unfortunately some liberties taken on him. Aside from that, he's as fast and skilled with the puck as Simmonds, though Lind is definitely the better playmaker at the same age than Simmonds was. that's just my take on Lind.

Hoping for a productive year in Utica with him along with Dahlen, Gadjovich etc

This is what we need...

I'm so hoping that our team turns into a mix of Flyers, Bruins and Jets hockey, with a sprinkle of finesse....

So far except for our ultra skilled players, we are starting to look a lot tougher down the road. 

Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, Beagle, Virtanen, Roussell, Schaller, Woo, Guddy, Trym (maybe), Gunnarson and even the none fighters have size Bo, Brock, Gaunce, Edler etc.

God its going to be so much fun to watch this team.

In a year or two we will be a team nobody want to play.... and with a bit of luck we will be the ones dishing it out, all while we try to get to the promised land.

Except for Pettersson it will be hard to find a forward who isn't going to be able to throw his weight around.

Yes.... my dreams are coming through.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Odd. said:

Yes, Lind plays with an edge, and also had a reputation in the WHL as a pest. Quite the trash talker and really throws off the opponents (taunts the fans a lot too). I've watched him live quite a bit this season and he's always engaged somehow physically or always in the middle of scrums and unfortunately some liberties taken on him. Aside from that, he's as fast and skilled with the puck as Simmonds, though Lind is definitely the better playmaker at the same age than Simmonds was. that's just my take on Lind.

Hoping for a productive year in Utica with him along with Dahlen, Gadjovich etc

Sounds like Roussel would be a good comparison as well.

2 hours ago, The Beagle had landed said:

Sounds like Roussel would be a good comparison as well.

I mean the edginess is there, but Lind is an overall better player than Roussel offensively speaking. Roussel is more of a $&!# disturber, Lind can be that but that's not primarily his game. Lind is almost like a Kesler in that regard. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I mean the edginess is there, but Lind is an overall better player than Roussel offensively speaking. Roussel is more of a $&!# disturber, Lind can be that but that's not primarily his game. Lind is almost like a Kesler in that regard. 

Good comparison...I was actually thinking the best of Burrows as a comparison for now...but the upside is higher for sure...

12 minutes ago, Odd. said:

There's nothing wrong with that.  How is his defensive game?

2 minutes ago, The Beagle had landed said:

There's nothing wrong with that.  How is his defensive game?

Just as good as he is offensively. Kelowna used Lind in all situations, PP and PK time etc. He's very cerebral and poised.  There's really not much to not like about his game. I t think he starts the year in Utica and maybe gets called up here and there throughout the season. I'm curious to see if he can translate his game to the AHL level. 

• Cheers 1