The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Radio Broadcast Rights Holder, Sportsnet 650, Has Announced Morning Show Host

cuporbust

from Abbot to Batchelor ? :yuck: guess i'll be staying away from radio broadcasts for another few years

Abbot's tempo was not good and BB sounds a bit like Joey Kenward trying to do play-by-play....or me.

both bad ideas.

oh well, there's always cocaine i guess

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎14 at 9:47 AM, canucks.bradley said:

Brendan Batchelor, Corey Hirsch to call Vancouver Canucks radio games now

Source: http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/brendan-batchelor-corey-hirsch-to-call-vancouver-canucks-radio-games

This is very bad, BB sounds like the love child of Joey Kenward and Tong G, I cant listen to this guy.

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, abbyroadkill said:

from Abbot to Batchelor ? :yuck: guess i'll be staying away from radio broadcasts for another few years

Abbot's tempo was not good and BB sounds a bit like Joey Kenward trying to do play-by-play....or me.

both bad ideas.

oh well, there's always cocaine i guess

17 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

This is very bad, BB sounds like the love child of Joey Kenward and Tong G, I cant listen to this guy.

I disagree with both of you,  BB is a mammoth step up from Abbot and Sportsnet's Canucks Lunch will be way better than TSN1040 especially if those Dinosaurs Taylor and Moj are going to be hosting it.  I just hope Sporstnet doesn't go overboard with the ads like TSN1040 did.

Noon to 1 p.m. PT

Canucks Central at Noon

Host: Satiar Shah

• Tune in every day for the most comprehensive Canucks show on the dial. The only real choice for the die-hard Canucks fan. Regular contributors include Brendan Batchelor, John Garrett, Corey Hirsch, Dan Murphy and John Shorthouse.

Well now THAT sounds promising. Sat's highly informed and intelligent and is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a radio host (and was very concerned we wouldn't get. Again.). Hopefully he'll have the freedom to continue to bring on some of the better guys from Hockey Prospects Radio, Canucks Army etc as well.

Informed and intelligent discussion, yay! 

4 hours ago, J.R. said:

Well now THAT sounds promising. Sat's highly informed and intelligent and is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a radio host (and was very concerned we wouldn't get. Again.). Hopefully he'll have the freedom to continue to bring on some of the better guys from Hockey Prospects Radio, Canucks Army etc as well.

Informed and intelligent discussion, yay! 

I agree, I am a big Sat fan and find it very interesting that TSN1040 couldn't find some way to keep him.

For some reason it totally slipped my mind that John Garrett would be going over to 650.  He is a great radio guest, maybe one of the underrated losses TSN1040 will experience.

40 minutes ago, WiseOne said:

I agree, I am a big Sat fan and find it very interesting that TSN1040 couldn't find some way to keep him.

For some reason it totally slipped my mind that John Garrett would be going over to 650.  He is a great radio guest, maybe one of the underrated losses TSN1040 will experience.

Yeah Garrett, while a total homer, is a good listen if you keep that context in mind.

I don't know if Ferraro on his own is enough to get me tune in to 1040 ever again :lol: That's basically the only, singular draw that station will have left for me...lol

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah Garrett, while a total homer, is a good listen if you keep that context in mind.

I don't know if Ferraro on his own is enough to get me tune in to 1040 ever again :lol: That's basically the only, singular draw that station will have left for me...lol

who cares if he's a homer? If I want S&M I'll tune into Leafs radio or watch the Flames. 

I'm really looking forward to this. I won't miss Ray or Bob McKenzie much, they were getting pretty stale and seemed out of the loop on actual Canucks news anyway this year. 

3 hours ago, WiseOne said:

Garrett was never 1040's to lose.

Was away for a couple of weeks and come back to find TSN1040 has changed their daily line-up. Is this for the summer only? Is B Mac officially gone? Seems strange listening to Sekeres and Price during what used to be Bmac,Donny and the Moj's  timeslot.

Yup, B Mac is more or less gone - Taylor talked about not knowing when he will return, but that there would always be a place for him, even in a guest capacity, if he was able to return.

On another note, I was driving to work today, and noticed that the new Sportsnet 650 station is already up and running, albeit, not with live programming (previously recorded/sampling).  Listened to a portion hosted by Satiar Shah and John Jang(sp?) delving into the upcoming NFL season, sounds promising.  Looking forward to the entry of another sports talk radio station to enhance the overall sports landscape and listener experience in Vancouver.

12 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

I'm hoping that Don Taylor makes the move to 650. If he was back with Sportsnet then maybe we could have the Canucks postgame on TV again with local hosts instead of the lame Toronto based coverage we get now.

I seem to recall some flammable trestles in regards to Taylor and Sportsnet. And as much of a fan of his I was back in the day...I wonder if the markets moved past him a bit.

31 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I seem to recall some flammable trestles in regards to Taylor and Sportsnet. And as much of a fan of his I was back in the day...I wonder if the markets moved past him a bit.

Agreed, he was the only one left I liked listening to but it's getting old.....

My wife and I are starting our honeymoon cruise on monday when this sportsnet650 goes live lol.  Fun fact our wedding night was when Stecher got jumped and Miller came in to save the day lol.  I look forward to listening to 650 when we get back though!  I will probably still consume some of the tsn1040 clips but sportsnet is the way to go I think.  TSN has been way to negative.  Only person's I may listen to on 1040 are botchford, halford, and maybe pattersson if he starts back up his patcast with botch.  Oh maybe Bob and Ferraro though cuz hes funny as $&!#.

On 8/25/2017 at 2:30 AM, J.R. said:

According to Rob Williams over at Daily Hive, Gilman will be acting as an NHL insider/analyst for 1040. He will be joining Matt Sekeres and Blake Price on Wednesdays for the afternoon drive.

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/08/21/former-canucks-agm-laurence-gilman-hired-by-tsn-1040/

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

It's something... still, an ex-AGM is only going to have less and less relevant insight as time goes by. 

Why? He won't have any inside knowledge of the working of the Canucks but his experience and his expertise of the CBA shouldn't be diminished. Most of the yahoos that are given slots on radio have even fewer credentials in comparison.

Archived