The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suggest me something to watch on Netflix

Suggest something to watch from Netflix.  Could be anything you've enjoyed. Documentary, movie, t.v show, foreign ANYTHING.

Brief description of why you like it will be appreciated if not that's cool too.

from me

The Last Kingdom.  this show can give Games of Throne a run for their money.

anything else you guys can suggest me?

Thank you in advance.

6 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

Narcos

Really great show, shows the rise of the Medellin cartel headed by Pablo Escobar, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Agree!!! One of the best, already completed the 2 seasons, have you seen El Chapo?

Last Kingdom is good..but no even near in the same realm as GoT.

Hear Ozark is good, I cancelled Netflix though and got one those Android boxes for more selection. 

Got one of those boxes too.  You are 100% correct with more selection, but convience wise, it can get annoying. 

I will give Ozark a try too.

Devil Part Timer 

It's an amine series. I am normally not into anime or animated shows at all but I found this one in particular hilarious. It's about the devil coming to earth on a mission. While waiting to conduct his mission he gets a (part time) job at a McDonald's knock off. Hilarity ensues.

I found the documentary " I Called Him Morgan" about late jazz trumpet player Lee Morgan and his common law wife Helen a very interesting piece.

Also for a bio Pick i watched "The Founder" last week about Ray Kroc & The McDonald Brothers and how he turn the brothers innovative idea into one of the biggest  restaurant businesses in the world.

I personally prefer movies based on real life events:

Siege of Jadotville...incredible story!

Moneyball...just finished watching it again...still an awesome movie!

Can't remember if "13 Hours: Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" was on Flix or not? Or "Zero Dark Thirty"? Or "Lone Survivor"?

Also there's a cool story about the birth of the CIA..."The Good Shepherd"

And you just gotta love "The Monuments Men"...Bill Murray cracks me up...

But I also enjoy good action fiction flix as well:

"Sicario"...absolutely amazing film...

"Columbiana"...Zoe Saldana...soooo...you need another reason?

"Syriana" is also a good movie...

"The Green Zone"...

"Lions for Lambs"...

"The Big Short"...very enlightening...

"Babel"...

"Spy Game"...

I could literally go on all night...

Marco Polo. Hard to believe it was cancelled, but the budget probably was too high for the return. 2 seasons will leave you wanting more.

F is for family. Adult cartoon that's based on the childhood of Bill Burr. One of my favorite comedians.

Black Mirror. It's like The outer limits or twilight zone short stories. very entertaining

Dark Matter - a sci-fi series about a group of people who wake up on a spaceship with no memories of who they are or what they're doing. If you liked Firefly give this one a shot. If you like sci-fi and haven't watched Firefly, watch Firefly.

Gotham - the early days of Commissioner Gordon from the Batman universe. It feels like a cop show set in a comic book. Pretty entertaining.

Indie Game, The Movie - documentary about a few indie game developers. I really enjoyed this one. It shows the struggles, triumphs and failures of people as they invest their lives into their passion.

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

Last Kingdom is good..but no even near in the same realm as GoT.

Hear Ozark is good, I cancelled Netflix though and got one those Android boxes for more selection. 

If you have a VPN, your Netflix selection expands dramatically.

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

Marco Polo. Hard to believe it was cancelled, but the budget probably was too high for the return. 2 seasons will leave you wanting more.

F is for family. Adult cartoon that's based on the childhood of Bill Burr. One of my favorite comedians.

Black Mirror. It's like The outer limits or twilight zone short stories. very entertaining

I liked Marco, just wish he wasn't in it haha. Honestly his storylines were always the worst and couldn't stand him, give me more Kublai Khan! It had a crazy high production budget.

Black Mirror is awesome, it's an anthology series, so the episodes/cast aren't connected except that the series revolves around far of technology, or technology that may not be that far off and how it affects the dark side of human nature.

F is For Family..."I'll put you right through that god damn wall!!"

Archived