The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sekeres throws BS shade at Goldy

Bur14Kes17

My biggest issue with this is referring to "pull a Tryamkin".  Tryamkin was a free agent and no longer under contract.  Sure, the Canucks retain his rights as he was a restricted free agent, but a free agent nonetheless.  Goldobin is only on the second year of a three year deal.

53 minutes ago, Odd. said:

It's actually funny and sad how many people are actually angry about this. 

All I want like to hear is some real news, talk, discussion, and insight about the Canucks, not garbage like Sekeres and the other monkeys at TMZ1040 pull out of their nether region just to try to get ratings -- he openly admitted he does it, trying to play "bad cop", and he isn't even good at it.  He and Botchford should have their own show at 3AM where they can banter around the nonsense they dream up because they have no real insight, sources, or knowledge of their own... for people interested in that sort of thing. 

So we get a new station?  Almost every time I've turned to 650 it's been anything but Canucks -- golf, baseball, and Leafs worship.  Two sports stations in this city and neither are worth listening to.

52 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's what I hate about media, they just like to stir up s*** to boost ratings. Fake news. The Canucks media is terrible. Botchford, Gallagher and Sekeres.

While you're right about making up bs it's threads like this that these so called reporters love to hear about - remember,  to them any discussion involving them is free Press. 

Its one thing to bring it up in a discussion on your show.  I mean, we have just had recent experience with the sting of a great Russian prospect leaving unexpectedly, so I can see the topic being brought up.

But to put it out as a 'hard' tweet is crossing the line IMO. It takes it out of the world of radio talk banter into actual print copy from a sports media personality which gives it more weight. Yes its just a question, but its stirring the pot for no reason, and putting it in Twitter form gives it a false legitimacy.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

What's the big issue here? 

Because this is how our local media has always created rumours and myths that negatively effect the team and/or fan base with their bottom of the barrel, tabloid style 'coverage'.

I personally welcome our new 650 overlords :lol: So far I've heard far more balanced and informed coverage from them. Hopefully they keep it up. 

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Because this is how our local media has always created rumours and myths that negatively effect the team and/or fan base with their bottom of the barrel, tabloid style 'coverage'.

I personally welcome our new 650 overlords :lol: So far I've heard far more balanced and informed coverage from them. Hopefully they keep it up. 

I so want to comment on this.....

I'm not gonna.

But I want to.

19 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Its one thing to bring it up in a discussion on your show.  I mean, we have just had recent experience with the sting of a great Russian prospect leaving unexpectedly, so I can see the topic being brought up.

But to put it out as a 'hard' tweet is crossing the line IMO. It takes it out of the world of radio talk banter into actual print copy from a sports media personality which gives it more weight. Yes its just a question, but its stirring the pot for no reason, and putting it in Twitter form gives it a false legitimacy.

Nailed it.

Did anyone here actually listen to the show? Judging by most of the responses in this thread, I'd say no. They had a legit discussion speculating about the possibility of Goldobin bolting to the KHL if he didn't make the Canucks. At no point did they say Goldobin would do this, or that they heard Goldobin had interest in the KHL. 

It's funny how quick things spiral out of control. Two members of the media have a valid discussion, like any two Canucks fans would. A poster on CDC misreads a few tweets, 10 other anti 1040 posters jump all over it and here we are - Goldobin is going to the KHL. 

All this team1040 venom is ridiculous. If you don't like them, don't listen, don't follow them on twitter, be done with it. Don't go twisting around their words trying to create something out of nothing. It's clear that you have your own agenda - enough with the fake news. 

Archived