The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Las Vegas - Active Shooter in Mandalay Bay (Updated - 59 Dead, 500+ Injured)

trek

If you can't even put the most basic controls like eliminating high capacity magazines, what chance of trying to even reduce gun violence? I know in Canada we don't have a perfect system, but it's far better than the US. 

Funny how in the US no one objects to licences for driving a car or a motorcycle, registering, plating a car, and buying insurance for it. No one also fears the government or the state taking your car away. 

1 hour ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

How do you stop them? The weapon used has likely been illegal for 30+ years. If you want these things stopped offer a solution. Like the Edmonton incident, if truly lone wolf how can you stop It? It can't be. 

The bodycount from the Edmonton incident compared to this shows just how effective gun control can be. The fact that the perpetrator didn't have a gun saved at least one officer - possibly more.

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you can't even put the most basic controls like eliminating high capacity magazines, what chance of trying to even reduce gun violence? I know in Canada we don't have a perfect system, but it's far better than the US. 

Funny how in the US no one objects to licences for driving a car or a motorcycle, registering, plating a car, and buying insurance for it. No one also fears the government or the state taking your car away. 

Most states allow silencers why do you need a silencer?

Gun laws in the states are &^@#ed.

Just tragic news to wake up to.  America is really a huge mess right now, this is why I refuse to go down there.  I knew they sold rifles in department stores in the mall but when I saw it for myself, and people carrying guns around like we carry cel. phones, I knew that society was something I wanted no part of, even if I was just passing through.  I won't even visit the states for cheap gas. 

RIP

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Gd lone wolf terrorist attacks are just getting out of control these days.

Oh.  Stephen?  His names Stephen?

Gd mental illness right thur. 

Obvious jabs aside it's seriously screwed up and terrible how common place these mass shooting events are becoming and how little change is being made to stop them.

Still silent...no condemnation and rightful labelling of this as a terrorist attack from anyone.  

Not even a tweet

Whether mass murder qualifies as terrorism or not, depends on the motives of the attacker. We have no idea what this guys motives are yet. Hence no categorization as terrorism. You come in every thread about a shooting with this same spiel. 

4 minutes ago, Hobble said:

If this doesn't lead to any gun regulations or registrations, nothing will.

It didn't lead to anything after Orlando. Except for the call for more guns by the Republican Nominee for President. 

"If we had people, where the bullets were going in the opposite direction, right smack between the eyes of this maniac," Trump said, gesturing between his eyes. "And this son of a b---- comes out and starts shooting and one of the people in that room happened to have (a gun) and goes boom. You know what, that would have been a beautiful, beautiful sight, folks."

Link

5 minutes ago, taxi said:

Whether mass murder qualifies as terrorism or not, depends on the motives of the attacker. We have no idea what this guys motives are yet. Hence no categorization as terrorism. You come in every thread about a shooting with this same spiel. 

An accountant, a country music festival, how obvious does the motives have to be????

For those with the sarcasm detectors not working (SARCASM). 

They will find evidence of mental health issues in this guys Mesquite house..

Probably in the form of medications...

They will push to have legislation passed for mandatory mental health screenings to own a gun.

The mental health guidelines will become wider and wider in scope..

Eventually....it will be come next to impossible to own a gun.

6 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

So does this guy get labelled a terrorist? or nah..

He is white so probably not. Everyone jumps to assume on media it was a muslim, but fact check more "white people" kill others but y'all have become so brainwashed that everyone thinks its a muslim

I haven't noticed anyone make any assumptions either here or on the news. Are white people not treating you good enough?

22 minutes ago, Hobble said:

If this doesn't lead to any gun regulations or registrations, nothing will.

Considering the gun used was already illegal, not sure what that's gonna do. These guys buy their guns off the deep web. You can't stop that.

So we can blame this one too on Republicans and their "more guns make everyone safer" mentality. 10 weapons total including literal assault weapons and long guns. Not to mention Republicans passed legislation this year alone making it easier to mentally ill people to acquire firearms and they're currently in the process of making silencers a regular thing. 

18 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

So does this guy get labelled a terrorist? or nah..

He is white so probably not. Everyone jumps to assume on media it was a muslim, but fact check more "white people" kill others but y'all have become so brainwashed that everyone thinks its a muslim

I was waiting for this... SMH

"oh he's white, can't be a terrorist"

What next, "he's white so he must be a racist".

As far as the story, tragic.  Thoughts and prayers to all affected by this.

Archived