The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

Fargo, Season 1 - 9/10

Truly exceptional story. Had the kinds of twists and turns that pure fiction could never get away with. Truth definitely is stranger...

Episodes 2-5 dragged a bit at times, but 6-10 were some of the best TV I've ever seen.

On 2018-03-14 at 2:20 PM, Down by the River said:

Has anyone watch Season 3 of Fargo? I watched the first episode but just didn't get into it, not sure if the show is going downhill or just need to rewatch.

I just started season 2, and found it a bit difficult at first too. But it's probably just due to having to introduce the new characters and setting.

FWIW, season 1 of Fargo is rated 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, 2 is 100%, and 3 is 93%. So consensus is that all 3 are excellent. (Although the audience score also goes down to 88% for season 3, so it seems like it's the least excellent so far.)

Edited by D-Money

• 2 weeks later...

I watched 5 min of the Roseanne reboot.  It looked like OG Becky, Roseanne and John Goodman were reading cue cards from what I saw.  I pvr'd it so I'll give it a shot, not like I was expecting much but I did love this show up until the last two seasons the first time around.

American Crime Story season 2 - can't-finish-it/10

embargoed-until-00-01am-fri-18-aug-resized_acs_201_051717_2361-2.jpg.7c1626fdba094741c9dbce52a53130f7.jpg

Man... has anyone seen this? I hated watching the 3 stooges: Andrew, David and Jeff. Why couldn't they focus on Versace and Penelope Cruz? Cruz is a screen legend, and Ramirez is close to being a legend (even Ricky Martin was doing a decent job)... But no, lets give those 3 stooges more screen time; let's make the audience follow the most unsympathetic (and boring) character TV has ever produced episode after episode; let's focus on characters that no one gives a poo poo about.

Edited by Hugor Hill

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I watched 5 min of the Roseanne reboot.  It looked like OG Becky, Roseanne and John Goodman were reading cue cards from what I saw.  I pvr'd it so I'll give it a shot, not like I was expecting much but I did love this show up until the last two seasons the first time around.

I watched all of it.  I was super excited about this reboot, and was counting down the days! 

Punisher - Season 1

7.5/10

Solid show. Really hooked me from the start but did seem to lag the last 3 episodes or so. Bernthal and Moss-Bachrach had some great scenes and chemistry. Loved the way their personalities clashed and blended at times.

Satisfying ending and looking forward to starting Jessica Jones Season 2.

On 2018-03-28 at 12:43 PM, Tre Mac said:

I’m shocked Rosanne and Goodman are still alive!  

Trailer Park Boys Season 12 

8/10 

Randy's lunch at the Horse track : 

Double burger with 6 slices of cheese.

Large Onion rings poutined

2 Hot Dogs with Cheese & Bacon

Large Popcorn with 4 layers of butter 

2 Beer 

2 Ice Cream sandwiches 

Peaky Binders on Netflix. Outstanding. 

As a bit of a history buff I know the BSA made arms, but also motorcycles. So I found it awesome that they stole a shipment from BSA expecting 4 motorcycles to sell (I guess and parts) but the wound up with a shipment of weapons. 

Great acting. Shows the challenges in Birmingham, with Gangs/Communism/IRA all the civil unrest. 

Sam Neill is great he can be pure evil, or someone you root for. 

Cillian Murphy gets a chance to shine. It really shows how damaged the men who returned from WWI were, and chaotic the world in 1919 was. 

Last Man on Earth

Recent episode was great. There was an episode last season where they just jumped the timeline by 6 months for no other reason but to advance the timeline and for comic timing.

Did the same thing with last night’s episode. Halfway through the episode, they jumped ahead 7 months. Really clever.