The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sabres | October 20th | 4:00 pm PST

Roberts

Canucks @ Sabres Predictions  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

I keep waiting for buffalo to break out, I've wanted them in the playoffs the last 2 years. I can see them trading one of ROR or Reinhart soon If they don't

we'll gladly take Reinhart off their hands :)

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Baer and Granny get on the board tonight. They're overdue.

The Canucks didn't give up last night, despite the odds. I expect them to keep the dream alive and roll Buffalo tonight.

Lots of goals. 5-2 Canucks.

That is something that should be said. Horvat and Vanek began the comeback.

There was a level of play that was maintained. I think the game was decided by the 5 minute major handed to Gudbranson, and his subsequent absence. Not having his physical presence, as well as his ability to deftly and calmly manage forwards was missed. There is only so much that Del Zotto, Tanev, Stecher, and Pouliot could do.

Hutton on the other hand was just a mess.

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Baer and Granny get on the board tonight. They're overdue.

The Canucks didn't give up last night, despite the odds. I expect them to keep the dream alive and roll Buffalo tonight.

Lots of goals. 5-2 Canucks.

It's surprising that Granlund hasn't had a point yet this season so yes he is indeed overdue. But also the PP and pk are gonna have to get 

Lucky-Lager-Beer-Bottles-Paper-Label-Lab

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hutton on the other hand was just a mess.

He played a good game in Ottawa, then takes a huge step back last night.

Kid needs to get back to whatever state of mind he was in during his rookie campaign. He's looking very replaceable. 

He was supposed to show he's capable of being legit top 4 this year. And that's just not happening

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

He played a good game in Ottawa, then takes a huge step back last night.

Kid needs to get back to whatever state of mind he was in during his rookie campaign. He's looking very replaceable. 

He was supposed to show he's capable of being legit top 4 this year. And that's just not happening

I agree. With all the young defenseman who made great impressions during training camp, you'd think that Hutton would be a bit more self aware.

Stecher is always out there doing whatever he can to make things happen. You can see the progression from last year, and you can see him earning it. Hutton looks confused and out of his depth. Chatfield, McEney, Holm, and Wiercoch are all waiting. Maybe it's time for Hutton to sit in favor of someone else.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Did the Department of Pathetic Stupidity come out with their ruling yet?

Lol not yet but seeing as he was one of the few at optional skate hey may already have an idea he's getting suspended. Anything more than a game would be a joke. It's a penalty but we can't baby these professional hockey players. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I agree. With all the young defenseman who made great impressions during training camp, you'd think that Hutton would be a bit more self aware.

Stecher is always out there doing whatever he can to make things happen. You can see the progression from last year, and you can see him earning it. Hutton looks confused and out of his depth. Chatfield, McEney, Holm, and Wiercoch are all waiting. Maybe it's time for Hutton to sit in favor of someone else.

Green needs to send a message.

I really hope Hutton can turn it around, he's in total panic mode in his own zone.

A benching is in order. I agree

Archived