The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vanek, Gudbranson in TSN's top 10 Trade Bait List

The list:

DODTQl9X0AIp-uK.jpg

The link: http://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-duchene-deal-puts-kane-atop-list-1.908350

It's a curious list. I could see Kane being shopped, beyond that I'm scratching my head.  We could move Vanek at the deadline, though if we're still competitive might as well keep him. 

Gudbranson on the list, likely due to his pending UFA status. If we can't re-up him soon, do we shop him? I mean we're not really in a bad spot that we should be shopping either, but they make the list anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The list:

DODTQl9X0AIp-uK.jpg

The link: http://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-duchene-deal-puts-kane-atop-list-1.908350

It's a curious list. I could see Kane being shopped, beyond that I'm scratching my head.  We could move Vanek at the deadline, though if we're still competitive might as well keep him. 

Gudbranson on the list, likely due to his pending UFA status. If we can't re-up him soon, do we shop him? I mean we're not really in a bad spot that we should be shopping either, but they make the list anyway. 

iirc Gudbranson can't be re-signed till Jan. 1, 2018

6 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

Guddy cuz players are actually scared of him and his leadership is irreplaceable 

i might be wrong but was sbisa considered a leader when he was here ? 

Only in small ways, really. He was a charismatic guy in the locker room. I wouldn't be surprised if he's more of a leader over in Vegas right now.

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I could see them trading Vanek at the trade deadline.

As for Gudbranson, they can't lose him for nothing. If they can't re-sign him, then they will likely trade him.

Pretty much this.

I think they do/should very much would prefer to re-sign him and don't foresee any major roadblocks for doing so. But if for whatever reason he's adamant at going to free agency, they have to look at getting a return for him.

Hell, I'd be ok with a gentleman's agreement to an extension on Jul1 after moving him at the TDL for a nice return if everyone's on board too but that's a less likely and far riskier outcome.

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Pretty much this.

I think they do/should very much would prefer to re-sign him and don't foresee any major roadblocks for doing so. But if for whatever reason he's adamant at going to free agency, they have to look at getting a return for him.

Hell, I'd be ok with a gentleman's agreement to an extension on Jul1 after moving him at the TDL for a nice return if everyone's on board too but that's a less likely and far riskier outcome.

I don't see the gentleman's agreement thing happening, but I'm hoping for an extension. Jim's not shy to overpay a bit so I suspect he's going to get a very good offer. 

I do think some in the hockey media are focusing on Guddy claiming poor play - which i think it total bs - to try to drive down his value but someone like the Leafs or Washington needs a guy like this for a playoff run.  

If Galchenyuk is trade bait, how is he #10?

Hopefully Guddy gets re-upped. It would suck losing his mentorship, size and grit on the backend. I've actually been happy with Vanek as well. I wouldn't even mind re-signing him for a couple of years if the twins retire at the end of this year.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't see the gentleman's agreement thing happening, but I'm hoping for an extension. Jim's not shy to overpay a bit so I suspect he's going to get a very good offer. 

I do think some in the hockey media are focusing on Guddy claiming poor play - which i think it total bs - to try to drive down his value but someone like the Leafs or Washington needs a guy like this for a playoff run.  

Meh, maybe it works and keeps the price down for Jim :lol:

29 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

Guddy cuz players are actually scared of him and his leadership is irreplaceable 

i might be wrong but was sbisa considered a leader when he was here ? 

Sbisa has actually taken on a bigger leadership role with VGK. I was watching one of their games the other day and I even noticed they gave him an 'A'

Gud resign soon or shop and trade - top priority 

vanek gags if there’s any takers send them out.

i like Kane better as a ufa signing in the summer And if he isn’t avaible oh well.a trade for him doesn’t make much sense unless a package that includes Eriksson or gagner are going back.

The idea of trading Gudbranson or otherwise letting him walk is inane. Anyone in favour of that is in favour of letting opposing players own the ice in front of the net. Unless you think that Tanev, Hutton or Stetcher are going to outmuscle guys like Malkin and Benn?

So stupid.

49 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Slow day so let's have some fun:

• Gudbranson + Vanek for Evander Kane
  • Gudbranson + Vanek for Galchenyuk

Ph-lame on.

Not even remotely close to getting it done on either deal.

But I agree, that would be fun if that were to happen somehow.

3 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

The idea of trading Gudbranson or otherwise letting him walk is inane. Anyone in favour of that is in favour of letting opposing players own the ice in front of the net. Unless you think that Tanev, Hutton or Stetcher are going to outmuscle guys like Malkin and Benn?

So stupid.

If Guddy doesn't want to sign here we don't really have the choice, and thus it would be best we trade him a receive an asset in return.  I think everyone for the most part likes what he brings and would love to see him locked up, but it's not necessarily in our hands at this point. 

Archived