The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I'm surprised at just how big an effect Sutter has on the team. We look more defensively responsible than we have in a while.

While the Wild really tried to make this a snooze fest, I thought the entire Canuck team looked more confidence with Sutter in the line up.   

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Apparently not now as I just listened to it.   Until about 30 minutes ago, had not a clue.   Given what I was able to Google, I consider my 30 minute ago self luckier than my present self in terms of hearing that song.    

I am pretty sure that show was the lead in to HNIC every Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Never heard of it - even remotely.  Your info sent me to Google and I found a lot about it including an incredibly annoying song that sounded like a ripoff from the annoying Cheers song.   Funny that Travolta started that young in a show like that.   

The Cheers song would've been the rip off as Welcome Back Kotter was first.

3 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

The Cheers song would've been the rip off as Welcome Back Kotter was first.

Sure.   Both were before I was a twinkle in the eye so will take it from someone who was apparently around at least since '82.  :)

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's also just a kid who came into the league pretty immature. He's having the season now most hoped he would have had his first year here. I'm not buying Ray's "analysis" tbh, Jake has improved a lot defensively and you can't be unaware and do that. I can't remember the last time I heard Ferarro say something interesting, other than when he didn't know who Gadjovich was during the WJs. 

I'd like to see a 2 year extension for Jake and see what more Green can do with him in that time before we make the call that he can't read plays, it will come. Some guys just need more time. 

Pretty fair commentary Jimmy. And I agree with Jake.

Some guys, ie Horvat, Boeser, just ''get it!''  

Some guys can be taught. Right now Jake looks like that.

And some guys cant. Or wont. Or have other distractions they cannot sort out...

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Apparently not now as I just listened to it.   Until about 30 minutes ago, had not a clue.   Given what I was able to Google, I consider my 30 minute ago self luckier than my present self in terms of hearing that song.    

JT reminds me of Kesler after a big goal. Or photobomb...

17 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Pretty fair commentary Jimmy. And I agree with Jake.

Some guys, ie Horvat, Boeser, just ''get it!''  

Some guys can be taught. Right now Jake looks like that.

And some guys cant. Or wont. Or have other distractions they cannot sort out...

Goldobin hopefully is not in that last category.

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

I'm surprised at just how big an effect Sutter has on the team. We look more defensively responsible than we have in a while.

It's the line-matching effect. Green knows he can trust Sutter's line with the toughest defensive assignment for 15 or so minutes of even-strength ice time. That leaves every other line with easier matchups, hence why they all look better off. There will be even more improvement once Horvat comes back and Green can shelter players more effectively.

2 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

It's the line-matching effect. Green knows he can trust Sutter's line with the toughest defensive assignment for 15 or so minutes of even-strength ice time. That leaves every other line with easier matchups, hence why they all look better off. There will be even more improvement once Horvat comes back and Green can shelter players more effectively.

I'm astounded how many people seemingly are unable to grasp what should be a pretty obvious facet of the game. 

'But his hero charts says he's no good!!!:frantic:'

:picard:

Archived