The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Aren't the Kings battling for a wild-card spot, though?

With that win they should be tied with the Avs in points, though they're(Avs) ahead due to wins

Just pointing out another team ahead of us winning, implying that our tank is rollin' on a smooth road to a high pick.

7 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

Agree but who is the speed and aggression? It’s easy to say it but who do we have? Virtanen plays softer than charmin, Gadjovich may not be ready and you also don’t want Edmontonitis.

So let the twins go, Granlund ?! Why Granlund, and keep Gagner and Erickson? Great idea bro SMH.

Your “get faster and more aggressive” is indeed what we need to do, sadly we don’t have players ready or at all, able to fill those roles. 

Granlund if he wants term and money should be moved. His role can be filled easily. Eriksson isn't movable or I would be all over that. Gagner is similar to granlund.

As for speed, all our prospects are faster than the twins, so that one is easy.  Trying to play an up tempo game with guys like the sedins just isn't possible. Their d zone play forces green to play them in prferred o zone deployment, taking away offensive opportunities for our rookies.

Most teams' rookies are given o zone deployment because they are week defensively. In our case, It is two of our  top 6 vets who are weak 8n that area.

With the cap space we will have without them and some of he kids looking close, it is time to move on.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If you exposed your a$$ in Winnipeg, in the winter you’d freeze and die.  In the summer your blood would get leached out by giant mosquitoes, and you’d die.  Pretty much exposing ones bare a$$ in Winnipeg results in death.  Don’t do It!  

Comment of life.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

With that win they should been in one now, leapfrogging over the Avs.

Just pointing out another team ahead of us winning, implying that our tank is rollin' on a smooth road to a high pick.

Gotcha. Meanwhile, teams in the 24-29 range are pretty close. There is a separation between 29 and 30, with the Sabres and Coyotes tanking hard. I just have a feeling we will pick fifth again, no matter where we finish. 

Bo might have played with the team tonight, but he (and the Killer B's) aren't back yet. They'll dial back in pretty quick though. I'm sure of it.

Nilsson was deadly.

Bad side

Our D keeps getting caught on failed pinches, bad pinches, ill advised. Some tragic O work from the D this weekend other than the pinch madness too- horrible shooting. Hit the net dammit. Top corner wrister? B**ch please. Shoot for a rebound, not 3ft wide.

Speaking of shooting- 

Dear Daniel and Henrik:

Shoot the pucking &^@#.

I know your games' slowed, in every aspect, and I get it because I'm a little older than yous.. It's okay to just admit you're not young anymore and you don't reacted as fast n stuff...  just

SHOOT THE &^@#ING PUCK! Simplify 

I can't help but wonder what trades might be in the works... Would Edler waive? 

49 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Twins are fine in a complementary role.  They can still provide secondary scoring for most likely cheaper than anything on the market - and on short term deals I’m sure.

They’ve never gotten in the way of Dorsett/Bieksa/Sestito/Kesler/Burrows/Torres/Rypien or any of those guys playing a rough and tumble game.

The toughness problem isn’t the Sedins - it’s that we don’t have any guys who play like that.  

This is what the HNIC "experts" were discussing on Saturday, that the Sedins were still putting up 40/50 + points per season and should be back for another year.  These "experts" however, don't watch Canucks games and check only the stats.  What they don't see is that the Sedins are a REAL defensive liability when they are on the ice.  On Saturday they were a combined -5, with Henrik's poor pass in the closing minutes leading to an empty net goal against.  

I fully appreciate the fact that they were fantastic players in their peak and threaded passes where nobody had ever done before.  That magic touch isn't so evident these days and their passing is often to the wrong jersey.  They are still skilled players but are one dimensional, and when they are on the ice they are a scoring threat for both teams............ 

I wonder if there is a rift between Linden and Benning regarding the Sedins which is the reason Benning has not yet been re-signed for a further term.  Perhaps he is dead against bringing back the Sedins, advocating instead for some new blood with some snarl on the team (and this team REALLY needs snarl), while Linden, always a HUGE Sedins fan and somewhat of a pacifist, wants them back for another year or two.  So, who is the head honcho in the organization and whose input will sway Mr. Aquilini ?

Just my own thoughts on the matter, no inside info.

Hoping for better results in 2018-2019.

So twins wanna' return?

SPLIT THEM NOW, then. Let's see what they can offer 2 lines. So tired of getting scored on, then in replays you see they're dragging their sorry a$$e$(for 14,000,000  $$$$$$$$$$$$) back to the dreaded D-zone. Too late, of course.

You DON'T put two f***ing Galapagos turtles on the same freeken'line! I don't care if these turtles have some crazy bat radar. It doesn't matter anymore.

**** the legacy crap. Read'em the riot act, with TDL alternatives.

You wanna come back VERY CHEAPLY? (cos these past 4 yrs have been no bloody bargain!) Fine. Show us what you can do separately. Consider it a try-out for 2018-19..no guarantees.

Is that too harsh? ..Man, it's a harsh world, isn't it?

59 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Granlund if he wants term and money should be moved. His role can be filled easily. Eriksson isn't movable or I would be all over that. Gagner is similar to granlund.

As for speed, all our prospects are faster than the twins, so that one is easy.  Trying to play an up tempo game with guys like the sedins just isn't possible. Their d zone play forces green to play them in prferred o zone deployment, taking away offensive opportunities for our rookies.

Most teams' rookies are given o zone deployment because they are week defensively. In our case, It is two of our  top 6 vets who are weak 8n that area.

With the cap space we will have without them and some of he kids looking close, it is time to move on.

Gagner is not even close to as effective as Granlund. Granlund is a terrific defensive player while Gagner is god awful, and Granlund if put in an offensive role has shown he can put up points.  

In addition, he hasn’t proven enough to get “term and money” - he’s likely going to see a 3 yr deal around 2.5-3 mil cap hit, and for his value he’s well worth it. He’s Hansen 2.0. I think you underestimate his value when you suggest Gagner brings the same, he doesn’t even come close.

as for speed and physicality you didn’t name one player guy , you just threw more generalities out there. The point is we DON’T have those players you suggest yet - who are READY.

while the twins are not where they used to be, even on the third line they would be more effective than AHL fodder we have. You seem to want to turn this team in a perrenial loser like Edmonton.

the Twins have more value (if a reasonable cap hit) than any players we have in our system who could fill a third line and 2nd pp role, and will cost less then any ufas we could grab (who would want term and money).

sometimes when you blurt our ideas, you should think if they actually make sense given the altenatives available 

Archived