The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Ken Holland Could be the Next Canucks GM

Roberts

Holland makes terrible signings

Trevor Daley for 3 years (aged 34)

Stephen Weiss 5 years 4.75 per

Frans Nielsen 5 years

He's actually worse than Benning. Plus, only reason why Detroit was good for so long was because they lucked out on so many drafts. Credit goes to the scouting staff, not Holland.

If Holland was here, we'd be in constant mediocrity, overpaying veterans and handcuffing our team. Benning should be our guy. He has a vision and everyone can see the blueprints.

I've never really  been upset about a GM leaving in the past as most of them had run there course. But if they don't Re-sign Benning I will be pissed.  I feel like he needs and deserves at least another 3 years.

This is the Canucks of course so I'm preparing for disappointment.

I would be pissed.  This is Jim's job to finish.  If he cuts out Jim I would be sad.... unless!!! 

Ken Holland comes in and makes a huge splash to put his mark on it.  Maybe he would be a good gm but id feel bad for jim's hard work.  He deserves a chance to work on things but to be fair.  Jake has kinda been underwhelming.. and thats kinda on him.  Linden Vey for a 2nd. bad move.  

I dont know im divided lol.  It would depend if Trevor would be involved? maybe Trevor would take over.  but if he does that then puts a clock on his tenure here.  As president in theory he could still have another gm or 2 post benning if things go sour.  I have no idea.  what do u guys think.  (i havent watched the video yet ; will do now lol)

35 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

Would reek of desperation and failure to commit to the rebuild by Aqua, by pursuing a big name.

Given how he's been as an owner that wouldn't surprise me though.

the owners never wanted a rebuild.... linden and benning do. i see the owners stepping in and benning not being resigned as a gm but he will be assigned to player and development. and seeing this i do believe the twins will be back for sure... and i also see vanek not being traded and kept around for another year or so.... i don't have a crystal ball but if i see the normal trends... this is what will happen...

I'm going to be absolutely furious with ownership if Benning's fired, especially in favour of a guy who leads the league in bad signings over the last 5 years.  Holland's a legend but Benning's assembled the best prospect pool in recent memory.  Let him finish what he started.

Holland won all his cup in the pre cap era.  Giving him props because he had the money to pay for one of the best teams is just silly.  NJD, COL, DET were the big 3 back in the day who had the $$ to spend.  I would rather not sign him. he has done terrible in the cap era. I think Jim deserves a 2 year extension.  I would be scared of giving him a 3 or 4 year deal. (4 especially).  If the $$ make sense and the owners have faith in his plan.  Then i am game.  Maybe they want Trevor in charge so they can have more influence.  maybe trev talks to the owners more then jim.  Maybe they want to meddle some.  who knows.

No just on.

This smells of Aqua being delusioned about winning the cup with the Sedins without going through the growing pains required to build a future team. This is why I want the twins to come out and say they will retire or request a trade. This will stop our owners or heck even TL's delusion of Sedins being the saviors.

Remember, Aquas did not go through any sort of rebuild since acquiring the team. They are not used to or refuse to grasp the down cycle of sport franchises.

Archived