The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Not a secret that is what we need, but interesting that he chose to name that one over some other needs, such as maybe some defence prospects, or a scoring forward.

Some interesting names on some common trade bait lists are Evander Kane, Patrick Maroon that fit that mould, but considering that the Canucks won't want to pay a premium and will likely want younger players, will be interesting who else they could be referring to.

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not a secret that is what we need, but interesting that he chose to name that one over some other needs, such as maybe some defence prospects, or a scoring forward.

Some interesting names on some common trade bait lists are Evander Kane, Patrick Maroon that fit that mould, but considering that the Canucks won't want to pay a premium and will likely want younger players, will be interesting who else they could be referring to.

Benning said as much on HNIC.  I think it's about replacing Dorsett and there's doubt about Archibald's ability.  i don't think it's something to be alarmed about.

6 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

We need to rebuild ..    That means selling , not buying ..    If they are actually gonna get a player , he better be on the young side 

We'll sell, don't worry.

I don't think he's looking for a rental.

This is a longer term acquisition.

4 minutes ago, naslundfan921 said:

Domi matches the description and fits the relative age range. Cost might be a little too high though

Yeah I’m almost positive Benning was thinking if Domi when he was describing the player he wants. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s aggressively pursuing 

11 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Tanev to Toronto for Liljegrin+Martin+2nd

Let Virtanen and Gadj develop into the tough power forwards we need. Maybe draft Tkatchuk...

:lol::lol: you're funny. Why in the world would Toronto make such an overpayment. 

5 minutes ago, naslundfan921 said:

Domi matches the description and fits the relative age range. Cost might be a little too high though

This is exactly what I thought when I heard JB say that earlier. Domi's name immediately came to mind. 

But we need 2 or 3 more players like that, not just 1. 

Clearly Virtanen hasn't turned out to be what JB wished he would. This goes to tell how long draft and development takes. Sometimes ppl on CDC think we draft a player and he's going to be a difference maker in a year. Really it takes 5 years for the most part. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This is exactly what I thought when I heard JB say that earlier. Domi's name immediately came to mind. 

But we need 2 or 3 more players like that, not just 1. 

Clearly Virtanen hasn't turned out to be what JB wished he would. This goes to tell how long draft and development takes. Sometimes ppl on CDC think we draft a player and he's going to be a difference maker in a year. Really it takes 5 years for the most part. 

You saw the Virtanen rush that led to the Dowd goal.  Or did you have your head in the fridge looking for beer?  That's why Virtanen was drafted.

11 minutes ago, naslundfan921 said:

Domi (as good as he is) doesn't really match the description. He's 5-10 and under 200 lbs. He plays bigger than he is but I don't that's the type of player Benning is referring to. 

Archived