The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

13 minutes ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

Personally I'd do tanev for 2018 1st, 2018 second, 2019 second, conditional 2nd and Matt martin. I would be fine with even taking out one of the seconda. It sounds like a good trade as the leafs no longer have to trade liljegren and we get several picks to draft some good Dmen.

draft picks are so over-rated.  If Tanev is moved, there has to be a top prospect coming back.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

draft picks are so over-rated.  If Tanev is moved, there has to be a top prospect coming back.

We will never re build our Sad Defense without draft picks. we can trade for forwards, sign them in Free agency and draft them ourselves but the Norris trophy candidate comes from one place and one place only the draft. Karlsson doesnt count .... Ottawa has been taking Vancouver Canuck lessons.

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

We will never re build our Sad Defense without draft picks. we can trade for forwards, sign them in Free agency and draft them ourselves but the Norris trophy candidate comes from one place and one place only the draft. Karlsson doesnt count .... Ottawa has been taking Vancouver Canuck lessons.

Draft picks are fine to sweeten the pot, but when you trade a Tanev level plsyer you need a top prospect back.

46 minutes ago, stawns said:

For a team rebuilding like ourselves, not so sure they are over-rated. To truly rebuild this team we've got to build up some talent on the blueline. Getting top prospects through trade is difficult. Where we stand right now, we need as many lottery tickets as we can get and start using them on blueliners with highend skill....regardless of size. 

2 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

For a team rebuilding like ourselves, not so sure they are over-rated. To truly rebuild this team we've got to build up some talent on the blueline. Getting top prospects through trade is difficult. Where we stand right now, we need as many lottery tickets as we can get and start using them on blueliners with highend skill....regardless of size. 

Rather keep Tanev than gamble on a maybe, other than a 1st.

1 hour ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

Personally I'd do tanev for 2018 1st, 2018 second, 2019 second, conditional 2nd and Matt martin. I would be fine with even taking out one of the seconda. It sounds like a good trade as the leafs no longer have to trade liljegren and we get several picks to draft some good Dmen.

Martin is negative value, so that's like cancelling out one of the 2nds.

Can guarantee you this much -- Christopher Tanev will not be traded for nothing but a bag of magic beans.

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

Rather keep Tanev than gamble on a maybe, other than a 1st.

If it was to a team like the NYI, with 2 firsts...maybe we start talking. I'd still probably want a warm body and/or b prospect coming back too though. 

52 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If it was to a team like the NYI, with 2 firsts...maybe we start talking. I'd still probably want a warm body and/or b prospect coming back too though. 

For me, 1st rounders are the exception.  Even then I'd expect a prospect of at least B+ level coming back with it

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think Aho might be the better and easier target for that deal sweetener! Hasn’t really established himself on their NHL roster yet.

Pulock's had a bit of a break out year...it's unlikely they move him at his age and starting to get comfortable at this level.

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Didnt someone claim we were offered a high pick for him last draft?  What type of 1st do you think Tanev could net us? Top 10? Top 7? Top 15?

Straight up that is.

Tough to say, since teams aren't exactly lining up to trade their top 10 draft picks. 

Top end players usually go for multiple pieces and typically don't involve top 10 draft picks. So I'd say he's worth a top 15 pick and a good prospect. Or, a late 1st and top prospect.

23 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Didnt someone claim we were offered a high pick for him last draft?  What type of 1st do you think Tanev could net us? Top 10? Top 7? Top 15?

Straight up that is.

I hadn’t heard that, about the offer.  If JB had a high first rounder offered for Tanev, I think JB would have taken that trade.  

Archived