The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nazem Kadri suspended 3 games

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Leafs fans' reaction to this news is quite entertaining. I recommend checking it out on HFBoards if you are in need of a good laugh.

Wait, I'm gonna go pour a glass of wine first and really enjoy this.

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Leafs fans' reaction to this news is quite entertaining. I recommend checking it out on HFBoards if you are in need of a good laugh.

some of my fav's:

****ING ******ed.

-----

No Contact Hockey League

---

Honestly if we got Tavares somehow, I would trade kadri for a josh Manson and nick Ritchie or something of that sort.. kadri is a good player but he just seems to do dumb stuff like this constantly

:gocan: Here are my thoughts on their thoughts:

Ridiculous. This is not a 5-6 game suspension in the regular season. 2 was fair given previous history. Unfortunately this will sway the series too much. Bye Leafs.

We all know that one guy who doesn't believe in his team from the get go and jumps on the first bus out....

Losing Kadri is big. I don’t see us winning the series without him especially if we end up losing game 2.

Oh wait, here comes his buddy...

Good thing he didn't hit him.

Sobriety test has failed you.

3 games is absolutely ridiculous for hitting a guy that fell after dishing out a headshot of his own.

Stupid play by Kadri.

I, too, am bi polar.

Kadri let down the team with that hit and he knows it. He'll come back a smarter and more disciplined hockey player.

It's ok to dream big.  Put your tooth under that pillow...

Think Parros is still salty about getting starfished against the Leafs. If anything it definitely knocked some brain cells out of his hesd

Convinced he isn't the only one.

C'mon thats such an overreaction, beauty playoff hit

And, if you don't believe this guy...
image.png

It's whatever. Leafs are going to have to step it up now. Otherwise that's a lot of value you just went down the toilet for a first-round beating.

:blink:

Don't put your ignorance on us. Marchants gets away with way worse more often. Do a bit of research.

:blink::blink:

Yeah this is the final straw I sent Gary Bettman a really nasty twitter message, I want to know what he has to say for himself. I bet he wont even bother to respond even given the lack of transparency in this league.

Donald Trump cheers for the Leafs, you heard it here first.

Kadri gave the NHL all they needed to give the Bruins a huge advantage!

It has been apparent all season that the NHL has something against the Leafs with the way the penalty bias was.

I wonder if the rest of the League is angry at that the way the Leafs hired Babcock? They basically drove up the price for coaching by signing him to a top players salary.

I thought WE were bad.

Oh man, the leafiest thing would be for us to win these 3 games then lose in 7.....

Winner winner chicken dinner

The league is making more money because the Leafs are a great team now..

Concussed. 

Canuck fans have a class action lawsuit on this one. Aaron Rome's suspension may not have cost the Canucks the cup, But sure changed the series. After HAMHUIS hurt himself hitting Lucic we we're lacking depth on the blue line. This suspension really hurt the back end of a already injured core. If the roles we're reversed wow. If this was Toronto in the SCF? I WILL ALWAYS BE BITTER AT THIS MOVE BY THE CLASSLESS NHL LEADERSHIP, Almost as bad as the refereeing in game 7 1994 scf against the rangers. This is my concern with the hate for Canadian teams in the play-offs. ie last year Edmonton San-Jose series. Or Van San Jose series a few years ago. As soon as fans realize we only have the regular season to cheer for their will be less hate towards other Canadian NHL teams. I find it funny how in one series they put the whistles away and in another they call everything. It always seems to work against Canadian teams or even the smaller Usa markets. 

I will never forget watching Boston beat Tampa to go to the finals to play Vancouver. Bostons penalty killing was so brutal if Tampa had a power play it was in the back of the net.

Guess what happened in game 7 yeh no penalties! But it even got better they gave an extra days off between the start of the SCF so Boston could have a mini camp to work out their penalty killing. Had they jumped right into the SCF without that rest Canucks win hands down.  

Archived