The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Tanev To Toronto

Tanev would have already been injured in one of the first 2 games in Boston and be done for the rest of the playoffs. I know he's a fan favourite but no GM in their right mind is going to look at Tanev's injury riddled past and say "now there's a warrior we need for a 2 month brutal SC run" and subsequently give up the assets that many here seem to think that a GM would give up. 

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well obviously but that player isn’t being offered while Toronto’s 1rst may very well be on the table. Edmonton is gonna be hurting for cap space in the coming years they’re not trading a guy on a rookie deal that can play in their top 6.

That’s my point.  Keep Tanev if the best return is an iffy Leaf’s prospect.  God, I hate the Leafs!  Their massive propaganda machines TSN and Rogers are infecting even us on the west coast.  

1 minute ago, GritGrinder said:

Tanev would have already been injured in one of the first 2 games in Boston and be done for the rest of the playoffs. I know he's a fan favourite but no GM in their right mind is going to look at Tanev's injury riddled past and say "now there's a warrior we need for a 2 month brutal SC run" and subsequently give up the assets that many here seem to think that a GM would give up. 

Then it’s simple; we keep Tanev.  He’s an excellent player, and will be perfect to mentor our young D.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Then it’s simple; we keep Tanev.  He’s an excellent player, and will be perfect to mentor our young D.  

Yes, you're right. He can show them where the trainers room is and take them to rehab and physiotherapy. Get them a good deal on pain meds etc, a valuable mentor indeed.

5 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Yes, you're right. He can show them where the trainers room is and take them to rehab and physiotherapy. Get them a good deal on pain meds etc, a valuable mentor indeed.

Now that’s funny!  I think we take this stuff too seriously, so I appreciate the levity.  

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

TOR

Tanev

Hutton

VAN

1st '18

T.Liljigren

2nd '18

------------------------------

EDLER - STETCHER

JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON

DEL ZOTTO - POULIOT

Biega

Sautner

Brassard

Vancouver acquires two more picks for the draft, either for the purpose of drafting one or two more players, or moves either up or down.

CANUCKS PICKS 2018

1/(Lottery) VAN

1/25 TOR

2/37 VAN

2/52 TOR

3/68 VAN

No 4th

5/130 VAN

6/161 VAN

7/192 VAN

Ain’t nothing coming cheap for Toronto

25 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

how about tanev to buffalo for reinhart?

Housley is their coach - he is the one that created the D strategy in Nashville and per Nashville's broadcasters has the same plan for Buffalo.  They need high scoring PMDs who can cycle with the Fs in the o-zone.  That's simply not Tanev.  Also Reinhart seems to have found his game in the 2nd part of the season.

4 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well obviously but that player isn’t being offered while Toronto’s 1rst may very well be on the table. Edmonton is gonna be hurting for cap space in the coming years they’re not trading a guy on a rookie deal that can play in their top 6.

Edmonton will really want Evander Kane to play with McDavid, they don't have to give up anything as Kane is a UFA!!!

Cap issues will be a problem as Edmonton will be close to cap... SO RNH is a very good young 24 yr old centre that Edmonton might have to trade...

So RNH could be in trade talks and has cap hit of 6 million for few more yrs..

He would fill 2nd line centre spot, complete player and we could trade again in a few years if we decide to?

I kind of want to send Tanev elsewhere. Toronto fans trashed on Tanev and convinced themselves they didn't need him and he's trash.  I'd rather see him go elsewhere where we can get a legitimate top prospect not Toronto's B level guys.

If Toronto wants him though they better pay full value and I want picks more then prospects unless we're talking Lilegren or someone like Marner. :) Marner is a pipe dream I know.

Then again... Tanev + Baertschi + 3rd might get us Marner. Those are not insignificant assets to offer up. Might not even need the third. Ideally taking a cap dump from them as part of a deal would be sweet. Keep our picks. I really hope we keep and add to our top end pick totals.

I would like to get Liljegren.  I think he is a very strong prospect and a RHD and a PMD.  He held his own this year in the AHL as an 18 year old.  That is tough for a defensemen.  New country, new team, new sized rink, tougher guys.  He will be a very good player, imho.  I think that Tanev and Dermott and some other guys fit in Toronto's timeline better than Liljegren.  He fits better with us.  Tanev is injured too much and we need to deepen our prospect pool on defence.

Tanev for Liljegren straight up, this would also allow us to take the BPA at the draft and not have so much pressure to take a PMD.

I'm ok with going after Dermott.  I think he is going to be a good player.  I dont think this return is ideal though as we know what Tanev brings and Dermott hasnt shown anything other than a decent rookie season.  As much as he has this reputation of being injury prone, I cant help but feel the right GM will seek the kind of elite shutdown skills he has. In particular a playoff team that can use an injection of that kind of player due to a current absence... A la Toronto.

They are up against the cap and have players to re-sign next season... Namely Nylander.  If we perhaps took a bad contract or two from them it might sweeten our return, and let them re sign guys going forward.

How about:

Martin, Hainsey, Dermott, Marner, 2nd

For

Tanev, Gaunce, Saunter, Baertschi, 3rd

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

I'm ok with going after Dermott.  I think he is going to be a good player.  I dont think this return is ideal though as we know what Tanev brings and Dermott hasnt shown anything other than a decent rookie season.  As much as he has this reputation of being injury prone, I cant help but feel the right GM will seek the kind of elite shutdown skills he has. In particular a playoff team that can use an injection of that kind of player due to a current absence... A la Toronto.

They are up against the cap and have players to re-sign next season... Namely Nylander.  If we perhaps took a bad contract or two from them it might sweeten our return, and let them re sign guys going forward.

How about:

Martin, Hainsey, Dermott, Marner, 2nd

For

Tanev, Gaunce, Saunter, Baertschi, 3rd

I really doubt the Leafs would be so stupid as to trade their second best (young) forward to AM, but if they did, I’m all in. 

Archived