The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Burke was being an ass when Hughes got picked. He is still butt hurt about his implosion in Vancouver.  The comments he made seemed rude.  The only

guy that seems to regularly have a hard time signing college agents is Burke. The only time a prospect didn’t sign with Vancouver as a college pock

was RJ umburger.  

Vancouver isn’t drafting

this kid so he can walk in 4 years. He has left it open to go

the NHL/AHL route this season. 

HUghes was who Burke said Van should pick when they were on the clock

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

"As fast as possible."

Predicting this kid will go pro and blow the doors off at camp, especially in comparison to who he's battling for a roster spot.

To be fair, Juolevi pretty much said the same thing after getting drafted.

31 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Burke was being an ass when Hughes got picked. He is still butt hurt about his implosion in Vancouver.  The comments he made seemed rude.  The only

guy that seems to regularly have a hard time signing college agents is Burke. The only time a prospect didn’t sign with Vancouver as a college pock

was RJ umburger.  

Vancouver isn’t drafting

this kid so he can walk in 4 years. He has left it open to go

the NHL/AHL route this season. 

Burke wasnt being an ass at all.  He was staying FACTS  Hughes is small.  Big deal.

Burke was praising van for the pick.  I like Burke for the fact he speaks his mind and isnt politically correct.  It's a breath of fresh air having guys like that analyzing the draft.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Burk went on and on about the possibility of loosing Hughes to free agency if he plays 4 years of college a way to get around that is to sign him now give him a Pettersson  type of contract. Play him here or send him overseas to develop if he is not ready. But as far as I could see he looked good for team USA at the worlds. Hell Play him even I would buy season tickets.

Haha. Burke is an idiot. Hughes is almost ready to play at the NHL level now. And Burke, the blowhard dinosaur, thinks Hughes would rather play 4 years of college? Hughes himself said his goal is to play in the NHL as soon as possible. Why the heck would he pass up signing a contract with the Nucks well before then??!!

Every time a kid from college is picked someone moans about them not signing. Not surprised Burke is the first idiot to say it this time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha. Burke is an idiot. Hughes is almost ready to play at the NHL level now. And Burke, the blowhard dinosaur, thinks Hughes would rather play 4 years of college? Hughes himself said his goal is to play in the NHL as soon as possible. Why the heck would he pass up signing a contract with the Nucks well before then??!!

Every time a kid from college is picked someone moans about them not signing. Not surprised Burke is the first idiot to say it this time. 

Bitterness of a dismal season, without the draft pick to compensate.... 

15 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Burke wasnt being an ass at all.  He was staying FACTS  Hughes is small.  Big deal.

Burke was praising van for the pick.  I like Burke for the fact he speaks his mind and isnt politically correct.  It's a breath of fresh air having guys like that analyzing the draft.

That’s how I heard it too. He was actually very complimentary of Quinn and how he fits the organzation, merely stating that he’s small. He is.

I even think 5’10 175 is generous. He might be 5’8 165, and even then, it doesn’t change a damn thing when you can fly like that.

His skill is undeniable. You wanna talk about the ‘new NHL’, he and EP represent that to a friggen tee at their respective positions.

This is such a slam dunk positional fit that I almost want to log off of CDC for a bit. At this point, I just want to see these guys on the ice together.

16 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

that's not even remotely what he said or implied

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Different for a kid coming from CHL to say it versus one who has been playing in college.

primarily because he wasn't able to play in Utica until this coming season.  OJ and Hughes in Utica this coming season would be pretty amazing

If he makes the team out of training camp, or is right on the bubble, he will probably sign. But I would rather he go back to school, play with his brother, make me scared $&!#less during the world juniors, and get stronger.

Time for him to get on the dinging the hell out of the garage door program. SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS! When Keslar came in he didn't have a shot. Then he did. When asked what happened, he said something along the lines of " I took 600 shots a day". Do that, or a reasonable facsimile.

Oh, and work on your skating and speed. Because the only thing more ridiculous than giving this kid a good shot would be to make him EVEN FASTER. LOL!

22 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He would pass up one year to play with future canucks first overall Jack Hughes. Got to reestablish that brotherly chemistry.

3 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

If he makes the team out of training camp, or is right on the bubble, he will probably sign. But I would rather he go back to school, play with his brother, make me scared $&!#less during the world juniors, and get stronger.

Time for him to get on the dinging the hell out of the garage door program. SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS! When Keslar came in he didn't have a shot. Then he did. When asked what happened, he said something along the lines of " I took 600 shots a day". Do that, or a reasonable facsimile.

Oh, and work on your skating and speed. Because the only thing more ridiculous than giving this kid a good shot would be to make him EVEN FASTER. LOL!

If he goes to training camp he loses his college eligibility, no?