The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Personally from the interviews, I really liked Jack's character the best.  He seems like a really happy dude all around (looked even happier than Quinn when Quinn was drafted), he and I would really get along.  Quinn while he says all the right things seems a bit more quiet and subdued.  Jack's character seems a lot like one of my best friend's when I was in high school (graduated last year).

Jack sounds more outgoing for sure

He has also had the luxury of watching his older brother go through each step of the way prior to he has had to. Learning from Quinn's hindsight is a nice thing to have which would naturally increase his confidence.

• Upvote 1

I love this pick. Hughes was my first choice after Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina. Surprised with MTL and ARI picks, but not really. So excited to see Hughes play, rushing up ice, passing it off to Pettersson or Boeser. He'll get a lot of assists, and because he plays so well offensively, quite a few goals for a D. This is the type of player the Canucks have needed for a long time. Canucks PP will be deadly. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Lol? He said it himself tonight. Grow a Brian!

What’s a Brian? Lol obviously kid will say the right stuff in front of the camera and media. What do you expect him to say? No I won’t sign with Vancouver unless I’m guaranteed a spot? Most college kids don’t sign with their teams until they feel they are NHL ready. Else why didn’t Boeser or gaudette sign their entry level and play in Utica instead of college? Ya I’ll go grow some Brian whatever that’s suppose to be lol

"I hope he's there at No. 8 for the Blackhawks," Kane said. "It'll be awesome. But he'll probably be gone by then.

"He's a great player, great skater and he's got a bright future ahead of him."

Hughes, at 18 the youngest player in the tournament, appreciates the compliment.

"It's obviously great to hear," he said. "I think the pros have been great with me here. I can't say enough about them taking me in and being great guys, especially veterans. They don't have to come up to the 18-year-old and give him the time of day. They've been great with me and I really appreciate it.

https://www.nhl.com/news/quintin-hughes-making-fans-of-nhl-stars-at-world-championship/c-298678214

1 hour ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Have you seen his passes??  Boeser is a 30g scorer in his rookie year....  now he is going to receive some of these tape-to-tape passes and with a quick snap of his wrist, instant goal scored!!  Boeser might just be a 50+ goal scorer with Hughes feeding him seeing eye passes right to him in his office

And its not like Elias on the other side can't dish with the best of them.....

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Really impressed with Q's demanour and personality... 

Quinn most definitely is a leader... his younger brother Jack would benefit from being on the same team as Quinn if Canucks were to win the draft lottery next year....

He wasn't in my top 2 choices, but clips like that make it very easy to welcome him with open arms.  They've got a gooder I think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Burke was being an ass when Hughes got picked. He is still butt hurt about his implosion in Vancouver.  The comments he made seemed rude.  The only

guy that seems to regularly have a hard time signing college agents is Burke. The only time a prospect didn’t sign with Vancouver as a college pock

was RJ umburger.  

Vancouver isn’t drafting

this kid so he can walk in 4 years. He has left it open to go

the NHL/AHL route this season. 

I think Brian Burke might be poster on CDC from the way he was hating!!

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Have to say, Jack looks like a great kid.  Quinn is much more subdued and calm but Jack was the happiest one there when the pick was announced.  He's always pleasant, smiling, and outgoing, and they say they're best friends.  Would be amazing to get them paired up, like we have Dahlen/Pettersson and Palmu/Gadjovich already.  They look like real winners.  Someone's going to get a great pick next year.

Edited by Hutton Wink
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Have you seen his passes??  Boeser is a 30g scorer in his rookie year....  now he is going to receive some of these tape-to-tape passes and with a quick snap of his wrist, instant goal scored!!  Boeser might just be a 50+ goal scorer with Hughes feeding him seeing eye passes right to him in his office

Instead of (non)passes from Edler on the PP. Lol

• Haha 4