The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Quinn said in one of his interviews that after his adjustment period to the NCAA he was a PPG player in the new year.  When's the last time that was seen?  Not to mention he was the youngest player in all of college hockey, playing one of the harder positions.

Can this kid play here next year?  If not out of camp (and he doesn't go back to college), he'll be on the team at some point.  We now have the LHS of our top-4 set for the next decade, with two slick puck-moving dmen.

I love how he got better as the year went on. And he was playing with men from a young age. PPG player as a defenseman at his age is Phenomenal. Remember I have said Dhalin won't be the best player in this draft. They both played against men they both are young and they both skate really well. Dhalin will get bigger and lose that youth speed where as Quinn will always be an awesome fast skater. Something that seldomly escapes smaller players.   

30 minutes ago, cory40 said:

DgZimJNUwAAS3Ex.jpg

Lockwood is not a lock....shoulder and concussions injuries do not project well...however, you can add MacEwen to the list of RWs

Cole Cassels is also getting better....over Madden

Edited by Pete M
add

Watching the interview that has Quins two brothers where Jack is asked if he’s excited to someday play against his brother in the NHL his reply “I’d rather play with him. He’s a really good player”. Come on hockey gods! Gift wrap us Jack Hughes! Give the kid what he wants!

12 hours ago, 250Integra said:

We finally have a real defenseman (since Ehrhoff) to break into the zone with the legendary drop pass.

The most unstoppable move in hockey. Should be banned like the may-ray spin-o-rama 

21 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Lockwood is not a lock....shoulder and concussions injuries do not project well...however, you can add MacEwen to the list of RWs

Cole Cassels is also getting better....over Madden

Cassels is 23

If we had drafted Dahlin there'd still have been the "We're in no rush, he needs to get stronger, best to leave him in Sweden for a year or two."

The inferiority complex and fear of being tagged a 'fanboy' by the anti-fans here runs deep.  "Oh, I'm just being realistic."  No you're not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Sounded kind of tongue in cheek... I liked his reaction more than the question. Seems like a real genuine high character kid.  JBs ideal type of pick.

Personally from the interviews, I really liked Jack's character the best.  He seems like a really happy dude all around (looked even happier than Quinn when Quinn was drafted), he and I would really get along.  Quinn while he says all the right things seems a bit more quiet and subdued.  Jack's character seems a lot like one of my best friend's when I was in high school (graduated last year).

32 minutes ago, xereau said:

The Penticton Tournament is going to be EPIC in September.  The Canucks' cupboard is stacked to the rafters.

Unless Hughes decides to not go to college next season he won't be playing in it. College classes will have already started.