Ed Willes: Canucks' Linden revamp left in the dust by Leafs' Shana-plan

Rate this topic

Why are they obsessed with us?

I don't get it.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 420Fish said:

If you factor in all the years of losing in Toronto, then perhaps we are more like 12 seasons behind them.

That's what's so funny about the praise they're getting.

It's as if they think the rebuild started when Shanahan was hired. They've been trying to rebuild since Sundin was there!

Benning has had the same 5 drafts to work with, and while he hasn't constructed a playoff team yet he has built up prospect depth in almost every position. Something the Leafs don't actually have. 

So while they try and have their team be carried by 4 players, the Canucks will slowly build up a core from top to bottom and do it the right way. And in the end I have a feeling the Leafs rushed approach to being a contender will be nothing more than that.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Just the Vancouver media trying to get a rise out of Canucks fans. 

What is confusing as your market must pay their salaries and why on earth would they then troll their own fanbase?    Being constructively critical would be fine but stories like the one I read from link above are clearly a sharp stick implying that even though apples and oranges are being compared, somehow something magical should have happened PLUS it implies that the results of next season and beyond are somehow known now.

Why does your region put up with these clowns?   

I like how the article conveniently ignored how long TOR sucked ass before hiring Shanahan.  I guess drafting players like Kadri and Riley, not to mentioned acquiring players like JVR and Bozak did nothing to help the team when they decided to go 'all in' on drafting?  Lucking out on Matthews wasnt anything special either.  

My point: there is no guarantee that stripping it down and trying to build this team  purely through the draft w/o some of the vets would have been any better.  This article is trying to split hairs yet assume earth shattering differences.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
Image result for ed willesimage.jpeg.20aa4028633b2adcc4f77c4dd1e0384d.jpeg

so much talent over there at the Provies...

Who build that hockey 'journalism' dept - that is the real question?

Postmedia are geniusez!

Readership rapidly declining for a decade lol.

Oops.  Attention!  Attention!  Anything for attention!!

Edited by oldnews
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Shanny had a 90 yard headstart in a 100 yard race.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, oldnews said:
Image result for ed willesimage.jpeg.20aa4028633b2adcc4f77c4dd1e0384d.jpeg

so much talent over there at the Provies...

Who build that hockey 'journalism' dept - that is the real question?

Postmedia are geniusez!

Daily average[3]

Oops.  Attention!  Attention!  Anything for attention!!

Was it the Province that fired Pratt, because of plagiarism?  Just hiring a guy like Pratt shows how low the Province will stoop for their poop.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'll just post my usual response to our local media:

original.gif.92a569f5a8f476d39da927cc66870121.gif

That's too good for them. 

• Haha 4

Toronto is a false comparison as we all know their rebuild dates back to the Quinn era and I would argue since 1967 for crying out loud they have been consistently awful!

I look back to about 10 years ago to see how Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Los Angeles, NY Rangers and Tampa Bay have all played in the finals to get a better measurement of where we are today. I'm sure to hear mixed reviews within the group to measure where we are today, needless to say Toronto was nowhere near any of those teams.

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

What is confusing as your market must pay their salaries and why on earth would they then troll their own fanbase?    Being constructively critical would be fine but stories like the one I read from link above are clearly a sharp stick implying that even though apples and oranges are being compared, somehow something magical should have happened PLUS it implies that the results of next season and beyond are somehow known now.

Why does your region put up with these clowns?   

They`re a bunch of aging washouts that are on a sinking ship (print media), and are trying desperately to sell their stories by spinning negative dribble.

• Upvote 2

I remember the last time the rebuild was over....... and all the Leafs needed was a Brian Boyle rental at the deadline lol.

• Haha 3