The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

World Junior Eligible players this year

CanucksJay

As the title states I believe this is the list of eligible players. 

Who do you see making their respective teams? 

Hughes-USA 

Madden-USA 

Woo-Canada

Utunen-Finland

Dipietro- Canada

Rathbone - USA 

Thiessen - Canada 

Am I missing anyone? 

Hughes-USA - 100% guaranteed a roster spot barring injury and/or permission from Canucks to loan him out.

Madden-USA - Longshot imo.   US favors,  like Canada does as well, players they've groomed through their development program.   Not impossible he makes it but a longshot. 

Woo-Canada - having been selected for the development summer camp and having played for the head coach and played for team Canada a couple times already has to give him favorable odds of making it.  Much will depend on how his season goes in the WHL in my view. 

Utunen-Finland - Captain of previous U18 team and multiple national team appearances have to give him excellent chances.

Dipietro- Canada- I've heard/read multiple sources state he's a virtual lock to be the starter this year.   Accompanying team Canada this spring at the world's can't but help his chances.

Rathbone-USA- Longshot imo,  see Madden

Thiessen-Canada- Longshot imo- see Madden.

9 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Holy crap, I didn't realize Rathbone was eligible. 

Damn, are we going to be cheering for USA? 

Unlikely Rathbone makes.  The US goes with development program players mostly

38 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I can't believe I used to love Kesler!  And then his whole selfish punk arse trade me how I tell you crap.  What a *&^%!!  Now I see him like the whole NHL fanbase does...a d bag.

It could be worse. My 6 year old son's middle name is Kesler. Whoops. At least I got my 9 and 4 year olds' middle names correct with Markus and Linden. Haha.

41 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I can't believe I used to love Kesler!  And then his whole selfish punk arse trade me how I tell you crap.  What a *&^%!!  Now I see him like the whole NHL fanbase does...a d bag.

I am not one of those. Kesler played his heart out for this franchise for many years. He and Burr were heart and soul guys. At a point he decided a CUP was not going to happen in Van and decided to move on. He fulfilled his contract to that point. Now he must realize it won't happen in Anaheim either.

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am not one of those. Kesler played his heart out for this franchise for many years. He and Burr were heart and soul guys. At a point he decided a CUP was not going to happen in Van and decided to move on. He fulfilled his contract to that point. Now he must realize it won't happen in Anaheim either.

I agree that Kesler and Burrows were awesome for the Canucks for a long time.

I wish I could be more like you and just accept those good times. But I can't get over Kesler's d-baggery.....Oh well lol.

Archived