The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Sam Gagner from Toronto Marlies

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Sam Gagner from the Toronto Marlies. 

Gagner, 29, has posted an average of one point per game, tallying 15 points (7-8-15) in 15 appearances with the Toronto Marlies this season.

The London, Ontario native has collected 433 points (152-281-433) in 770 NHL career games played. He has registered 31 points (10-21-31) in 74 games with the Vancouver Canucks.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-sam-gagner/c-302066540

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If he appears in more than 10 NHL games or is on the roster for more than 30 days, he will require waivers again.

I assume he will be a mainstay if he can produce points for this canucks team. Will be good for him to be on the 1st PP Unit, and maybe good to play him with eP40?

Virtanen - Horvat - Goldobin

Eriksson - Pettersson - Gagner

Schaller - Gaudette - Roussel

Archibald - Granlund - Motte

I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but welcome back Gagner. 

We need a shake up in our line-up. Schaller, Goldobin, among many others just haven't cut it. Many are going to be quick to hate this move, but Gagner has proven he can provide some secondary scoring, and I'm going to go on a limb and say he's gonna help us offensively a lot better than the likes of Schaller, Eriksson, Motte or Goldobin.

Makes sense really. Gaudette and Motte could really use some more time in the AHL and the Comets could really use them. Guys like Gaunce and Leipsic aren't stepping up with the opportunity so why not call him up and hope he can come back in motivated and make an impact.

Might of been the wake up call he needed

Archived