Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Trade] Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Maple Leafs for Josh Leivo

Woah, surprised that the Canucks traded Carcone considering he's one of the better players in Utica.

Good luck to Carcone in Toronto and I hope Leivo bounces back in Vancouver.

15 minutes ago, rekker said:

This trade should push Shaller to up his game. I'm hoping for more physicality from Shaller to help the team and carve out his niche. 

So far the only thing about Schalls that has impressed me is his appearance on Barstool Sports with El Prez. 

• Hydration 1

This has got to be leading to a Tim S waver move, or a Sammy G trade.  I don’t think they would try to wave Sammy. I guess they could try to wave Pou. 

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Woah, surprised that the Canucks traded Carcone considering he's one of the better players in Utica.

Good luck to Carcone in Toronto and I hope Leivo bounces back in Vancouver.

That is all

• Confused 1

Out: Leipsic, Carcone

In: Leivo

I don't mind the move, I just hope it doesn't hurt Utica too much. I won't expect any miracles, but I'm glad the Leipsic experiment came to an end.

Credit to Jim here. The Leafs needed to make a roster move to make room for Nylander. Jim swooped in and at least made a phone call. In this case, I think it solved both teams needs. For us, it just stirs the pot up and gives Travis a different player to work with. For the Leafs, they free up a roster spot, and acquire someone that doesn't have to go through waivers.

• Upvote 4

Leivo isn't going to be a savour here people. maybe with more opportunity he'll play well but he is 25 and that generally indicative of peak potential for forwards.

This will be a big year for him with us so hopefully he steps it up

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Leivo isn't going to be a savour here people. maybe with more opportunity he'll play well but he is 25 and that generally indicative of peak potential for forwards.

This will be a big year for him with us so hopefully he steps it up

Power forwards usually take a bit longer, he also hasn't been given much opportunity in Toronto. He does tend to float here and there, hopefully he can work on keeping his feet moving a bit more.

1 minute ago, cyoung said:

Power forwards usually take a bit longer, he also hasn't been given much opportunity in Toronto. He does tend to float here and there, hopefully he can work on keeping his feet moving a bit more.

I'm just glad that found someone with some size and is not afraid to be physical. (speaking to YOU Schaller)

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

There was a rumour earlier this year in Feb that he wanted a trade out of Toronto because he was getting the same treatment as Corrado. Always scratched and he just wanted to play hockey.

Nice. Glad to hear this. He'll get an opportunity in VAN. Would love to see him gel with Bo.

Leivo - Horvat - Virtanen

(that's what I'd like to see) 

• Upvote 2

I'm still waiting on the other roster move. I mean we waived Leipsic in order to activate Beagle, by acquiring Leivo we're still about roster limit. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm still waiting on the other roster move. I mean we waived Leipsic in order to activate Beagle, by acquiring Leivo we're still about roster limit. 

Biega or Pouliot.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nice. Glad to hear this. He'll get an opportunity in VAN. Would love to see him gel with Bo.

With Baertschi out, I agree that this might be worth a shot.  That is a big, strong line and Jake gives them lots of speed.  Could see Jake being first in on the fore check and then either Bo or Leivo helping to dig the puck out and create chances.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Same here. I could also see something like this: leivo - petey - boeser

Goldy - horvat - virtanen

Edited by buddyguy
  • Upvote 1