The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] huberdeau available

The_Rocket

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No, you can't lose value on a star to dump a contract. 

Is Huberdeau a star?  I know he’s good, but is he a star?  I think his value drops if there is another contract attached.  The longer the term of that anchor, combined with the cap hit, will lower Huberdeau’s value a relative amount.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Huberdeau a star?  I know he’s good, but is he a star?  I think his value drops if there is another contract attached.  The longer the term of that anchor, combined with the cap hit, will lower Huberdeau’s value a relative amount.

I would say he is a star, not a super star. I'm saying attaching a anchor to trading him is foolish.

You attach a anchor to a 2nd or 3rd and get a 5th or 6th in return.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Would love to get this guy into a Canucks uniform.  What's it gonna take?  Juolevi?  Gaudette?  We need someone who can play with BO and score goals.  It's that simple.  Not sure where else we can find a top 6 winger unless we luck out and get Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko...

Top 10 of the upcoming draft is very good; lots of forwards with size who can play either center or wing. 

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You get my vote for GM.  Now can JB actually make your dream scenario happen?  I wonder what JB’s plan actually is for this coming summer?  Will he go after Stone?  Will he try his best to get Tryamkin back?  Is he willing to trade Tanev for a lot less that he could have a year ago?  

We will see.  I will send him my requests and see what he thinks...  :)

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Top 10 of the upcoming draft is very good; lots of forwards with size who can play either center or wing. 

Unless it's Hughes or Kakko the player we draft will take years to develop.  I'd rather trade for a Huberdeau who just hit his prime and is already a star that can play with BO now then have to wait 3-4 years for another prospect to develop...

18 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Both Virtanen and Juolevi's stock has fallen immensely since they were drafted. Don't get me wrong, I still have faith that Juolevi can be an NHL Dman and I like Virtanen as a player, but to pretend that they're still equivalent to anything close to top 5 picks just isn't being intellectually honest.

Regardless, that's what it would take, which is why it won't happen.

I repeat Benning gets fired if he gives up 2 first round picks, one of which is here in Vancouver and Virtanen and Juolevi. That's the equivalent of 4 first round picks for Huberdeau who is a niice player but that's all.

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Unless it's Hughes or Kakko the player we draft will take years to develop.  I'd rather trade for a Huberdeau who just hit his prime and is already a star that can play with BO now then have to wait 3-4 years for another prospect to develop...

Cozens and Dach both probably need one more year in junior.  I'd rather not blow a ton of assets for a quick fix.

Huberdeau would be a great pick up for us.

Would instantly be our top offensive LW. 

Huberdeau-Pettersson-Boeser

would be interesting!

probably would take this or more:

Gudbranson

Goldobin

Tryamkin Rights

and a draft pick 

Archived