The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

fans get louder

just win

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

No 'DJ's'  Just need someone to play energetic music not to remix crap music.  She should've been fired immediately after the Chelsea Dagger fiasco.

True.

So True.

Then, Whitney Houston ? at a critical point in the game.  Seriously.  Two strikes should be out.

I know she may want to dance with somebody, but I want our rink to be a jungle.  Baby.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Then, Whitney Houston ? at a critical point in the game.  Seriously.  Two strikes should be out.

I know she may want to dance with somebody, but I want our rink to be a jungle.  Baby.

Did she seriously play Whitney?  

I think Anaheim plays the best music out of any arena, I am biased because I love punk and they're near the punk hotbed of Orange County, but all they need to do is just copy their playlist and change the goal song to something our own.  Lot's of local bands to choose from which brings me to my next point.  When has anyone heard local music at Rogers during the game?  Nickelback doesn't count(they're from Alberta) lol.  Play some Gob/Moist/Matt Good/Odds/Pride Tiger/DOA/Holly McNarland/Strapping young Lad/etc.

And yeah at risk of sounding like an old man, enough with the rap and techno crap, play real music.  If the guitars aren't prominent the music doesn't rock and if the music doesn't rock the fans wont get loud.

Just now, Tre Mac said:

I think Anaheim plays the best music out of any arena, I am biased because I love punk and they're near the punk hotbed of Orange County, but all they need to do is just copy their playlist and change the goal song to something our own.  Lot's of local bands to choose from which brings me to my next point.  When has anyone heard local music at Rogers during the game?  Nickelback doesn't count(they're from Alberta) lol.  Play some Gob/Moist/Matt Good/Odds/Pride Tiger/DOA/Holly McNarland/Strapping young Lad/etc.

And yeah at risk of sounding like an old man, enough with the rap and techno crap, play real music.  If the guitars aren't prominent the music doesn't rock and if the music doesn't rock the fans wont get loud.

She sure did.  It was a f/o in their zone, third period, we were pressing.  Nothing says TAKE THIS like 80's Whitney?!?!

Also, I can say I LOVVVVE the return of the siren.   I learned a few years ago (via a story on the website) that my Dad's 50 year+ BFF's son was the original siren owner.  So cool.

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I can just hear "Alert Status Red" now, right after the Whitney. Don't give people any funny ideas.

Especially funny DJ people.

Odd as it is, I think there's a need for more organ music. It just kinda fits in the barn, the way hockey is. Some organist just wailing away on the keys to Thunderstruck would be quite the spectacle.

^ something like that.

40 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The DJ controls the sound now more than back then. 

Just when the crowd gets a cheer going music starts blaring.

This!

Thank you.

Was there last game with a few Brits.

They loved being at a live hockey game but spoke of the lack of fan participation. 

I told them of when the Southsiders visited and every time they got some songs going...the DJ would cut them off.

The arena right now is strange. The viking johnny Canuck clap is cringe and I am pretending I did not see the gold clad cheerleaders in the isles.

If we didn't have as much DJ music, I think some fans would start hollering a bit more.

Yes, suits and phones are a problem but you can't even get a good chant going without some sort of interruption.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Personally, I'm a very analytical type and don't get loud unless I have a reason. Team scores, hits, fights, or generally plays well? I'm loud. Jumbotron says get loud? No thanks. 

Its actually a bit sad, that fans are being told the 'standard' slogan on a jumbotron...

But if they do, could they do the unthinkable and actually use a few different slogans.... ?

'Blue and Green 

Barmy Army  ('Fans Chorus')

Blue and Green 

Barmy Army  ('Fans Chorus')

How hard can it be.... and yes it seems like they are trying to please the suits and people with money.... It's depressing...

How are you going to get the fans a players pumped by playing Whitney peaking Houston??? Next will be 'Barbie Girl' or 'give peace a chance...'

Get real ffs... This is a battle, this is the bench marks for hard nosed team sports, THIS IS THE NHL....

There's been a huge disconnect between the DJ's and the audience for decades now. It is really pathetic. I can almost feel the egotistical tone of the person through the speakers. I WANT TO HEAR THE CHANTS! listen to what's happening in the house for chrissakes. Good chants bring unity and help the team more than Myley Cyrus. 

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Couldn't agree more if i tried...

But I think a lot of it has got to do with the policing at Rogers... or at least according to other fans going to games...

@debluvscanucks am I right, you've been told to tone it down with the cow bell?

Others have also told stories about the stewards telling people to tone it down....

It's unfortunate, as Rogers should be turned in to a fortress, oppositions hate to come to.... and the home team loves...

I miss the Pacific Coliseum days........teams hated playing there.  Truly, I miss that about the NHL in general.  The rinks are all cookie cutter replicas.......there's no character and no home ice advantages anymore.

19 minutes ago, brownky said:

I can just hear "Alert Status Red" now, right after the Whitney. Don't give people any funny ideas.

Especially funny DJ people.

Odd as it is, I think there's a need for more organ music. It just kinda fits in the barn, the way hockey is. Some organist just wailing away on the keys to Thunderstruck would be quite the spectacle.

^ something like that.

I remember the last time the Canucks were in Minnesota and their organist was just slaying it lol.  Among the hits were Sugarloaf's Green Eye Lady and a bunch of other gems I cannot remember.  

Matt Good's may not be bumping but some of their songs could work during penalties/powerplays/etc.  I should've said Matthew Good Band and play something like Raygun/Alabama Motel Room/Indestructible/etc.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I miss the Pacific Coliseum days........teams hated playing there.  Truly, I miss that about the NHL in general.  The rinks are all cookie cutter replicas.......there's no character and no home ice advantages anymore.

Looked so much brighter on TV too

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I remember the last time the Canucks were in Minnesota and their organist was just slaying it lol.  Among the hits were Sugarloaf's Green Eye Lady and a bunch of other gems I cannot remember.  

Matt Good's may not be bumping but some of their songs could work during penalties/powerplays/etc.  I should've said Matthew Good Band and play something like Raygun/Alabama Motel Room/Indestructible/etc.

I've always suggested MG as a hometown boy who really would rock the building.  Giant too (at the beginning).  I use a lot of his music for working out...just does the job.

Just now, stawns said:

Thanks thats what I'm on about...Make it a fortress... Give your team an advantage...Make the fans proud of their team and able to show their support towards the team. 

Make the atmosphere electric... that's what real fans wants... 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is such a good point - this new deal, where we constantly "feature" the DJ and shots of her dancing in her booth do NOTHING for the crowd.  Honestly, enough already.  She is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but in bar atmosphere I'm sure.  As for a hockey crowd, the choices in music are questionable and do little to fire people up.  It's a huge issue.  We had a DJ recently who seemed to get it, but it's changed to this new woman....and not for the better.   Sure, maybe they're trying to reach new demographics and a younger crowd.  It isn't working.

I hear other rink's music and think "we need that".

DJ DAVE Image result for dj dave vancouver

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

True atmosphere is made not by the speakers, but by the drums, horns and synchronized chants of the fans.  Let people bring in noisemakers.  Who cares if it backfires?

Archived